{17}

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1k READS!!!!!

Alex POV

It was surprisingly nice that day, so I decided to go for a walk to clear my mind.

I walked slowly down the beach, realizing the area seemed familiar. I looked ahead of me, and noticed a nest of turtles.

I walked over to them, and noticed Frances and Phillip were feeding a younger turtle.

"Awww," I cooed, crouching down to look at them closer.

They looked adorable, and I could tell why John loved them so much.

Then, I looked around. It was sunset, just as it had been when John and I first came there. I wanted to rewind time, to that exact moment. I wanted to warn everybody of what would come, and stop Angelica from dying, and John from getting shot. I wished I could go back even farther. Try to get my dad to stay, and stop my mom from dying. Find a better shelter whenever the hurricane rolls around, and stop being so reckless when my brother tells me not to go out on my own. However, no matter how much I prayed, my dream would stay a dream.

"Alexander," multiple voices spoke at once.

I looked up, to see my mother, Angelica, James, and all of my friends who had died in the hurricane.

"What the..?" My eyes widened.

My mother walked closer to me, her dress swaying in the ocean water.

"Alexander," She repeated.

"Y-Yes mother?"

"Thank you,"

"For what?"

"For making a name for yourself. You grew up with nothing, and here you are, in the big city," She looked around, smiling.

"I haven't done anything, trust me," I laughed nervously.

"You brought yourself to a better future, and that's all I want from my son,"

At this point, I was crying.

"I love you," she spoke softly.

"I love you too,"

I was about to reach out to her, when my phone suddenly started buzzing, and she disappeared, along with everyone else.

"Yes?" I sighed, picking up my phone.

"Son, is something wrong?" It was dad.

"Oh- uh, sorry," I apologized.

"It's fine, anyway, when are you coming back home? You've been gone for two hours,"

I suddenly realized it was pitch black around me, and the turtles were long gone.

"Oh, I lost track of time. I'll be home ASAP!"

"Okay, be safe,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"