{6}

John POV

The sound of my ringtone woke me up. My heartbeat instantly quickened as I looked to see who it was.

Hamilton.

For some reason, I felt my face heat up every time I saw his damn face. My heartbeat and breathing became faster. It was always a blessing knowing that he liked talking to me. Nevertheless, I ignored the call. I would be at school later that day anyway.

I sat up and walked into my small kitchen to make breakfast. I had cinnamon toast and scrambled eggs, along with some coffee.

After my meal, I took a shower, got dressed, and headed out.

The walk to school was somewhat peaceful. The birds singing and the ruffling of trees soothed me.

However, it didn't last long, and before I knew it, I had arrived at school.

"Dude! Where have you been?!" Herc ran up to me as I opened my locker.

"I uh, had family stuff," I tried not to get much into it.

"Oh, okay. Alex has been really worried,"

"He'll be alright," I smiled, then headed off.

I sat down at my desk and got curious looks from my classmates.

"John! There you are! Why didn't you answer my calls?! Where were you all last week?!" Someone suddenly ran up to me and overloaded me with questions.

Alex.

"Family stuff," I answered once again.

He didn't seem satisfied with my answer.

"O-Oh alright," he stuttered, and sat down next to me.

"You're in this class?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You weren't in here the first day,"

"Oh, I had to practice my speech or whatever,"

"Ah,"

~time skip to lunch brought to you by Ron Chernow~

"Come sit with me," Alex had walked up to me on my way to the cafeteria.

"Sure?"

Alex and I were in two completely different friend groups. Alex was popular, and I was an outcast. I still wanted to hang out with him.

On our way, we quietly conversed quietly, that was, until Eliza ran up to us.

Eliza POV

"Alex!" I stumbled over to John and Alex.

John was nice. He always had the brightest smile. I was jealous. I was jealous of how Alex looked at him.

"Eliza, babe!" Alex turned in my direction, hugged me, then kissed my cheek.

No Liza?

Guys I found a poem that perfectly describes Alex and his love life here it is:

the next time you
have your coffee black
you'll taste the bitter
state he left you in
it will make you weep
but you'll never
stop drinking
you'd rather have the
darkest parts of him
than have nothing

                                      -Rupi Kaur