TOW The Dream

Monica owned her sexuality – she was never ashamed of her intense sexual desire, her kinks or her fantasies. She talked about her sexual experiences with no embarrassment at all, and even when she had wet dreams with people who were too close to her (namely, Joey or Chandler), she would tell everything to the girls with every little detail she could remember (to the girls, that's right, because talking about those dreams with the boys would only guarantee annoying gloating).

Monica had been, however, a little ashamed of her most recent, recurrent, wet dream, to the point where she hadn't shared this particular one not even during her latest girls' night with her female friends.

Why, one might ask. The reason was threefold.

First of all, she had been dreaming about sex with Chandler.

Now, that wasn't anything too weird. Even Phoebe and Rachel had had sexual dreams with him, more than once. Whenever they did, they would all share details, laughing at the absurdity of it all – Phoebe and Rachel found dreaming about him in that situation something out of this world; when she was the one having the dream, however, Monica didn't find it that absurd (no one needed to know that part). What made this particular dream something she'd been willing to keep to herself was the fact that it had been happening way too often. She'd been having dream sex with Chandler practically three or four times a week for a month now.

Which led to the second reason why that was a secret: she'd been feeling weird about him in real life too.

Whenever they gathered in apartment 19 (which was the girls' apartment now) or in apartment 20 (which was the boys'), as they had always done for the last 5 years, she would feel a little too hot. Sometimes she would even feel herself getting wet just by looking at him – memories from her dream would take over her mind and anything could turn her on. His fingertips grazing her skin, his lips stretching into a big smile, the shape of his neck, his open legs when he sat on her couch; pretty much anything had become a trigger to her desire.

Then, there was the last reason why she couldn't talk about the dream to anyone.

See, Chandler being a recurrent presence in a wet dream? That was okay. She knew she could take her girl friends' teasing. The fact that she could get turned on by him in real life? That was fine too. She could blame it on the fact that it'd been too long since the last time she'd had sex. She was sure her friends would understand that.

What Monica couldn't admit to anyone – not even to herself, as she was still in a state of denial – was the fact that she'd been having dominance sex in her dreams, in which she was the submissive one, being tied up and everything.

Monica loved being playful in bed. She loved being kinky. She was usually the one to suggest trying different things with her previous boyfriends – it was funny, the fact that her most serious boyfriends, Richard and Pete, had been way too traditional for that. They had both been a little shocked the time she mentioned she liked the idea of videotaping their sexual encounters. They had also been a little uneasy when she suggested tying them up – Pete had accepted, which had led to a very fun night, whereas Richard had been too reluctant, and Monica needed her partner to be as into it as she was, so she'd just dropped it right away.

That's what she liked: being in control. She loved being the dominant one. She loved chocking men, tying them up, having total control over their bodies and the whole act.

In her recent dream, she was the one relinquishing control, letting her body being used and played with any way Chandler wanted to. In real life, she would never, not in a million years, do anything like that. Well, at least, she originally thought she would never, but as things felt so good in dreamland, she had even been considering the possibility of, one day, maybe...