Confession

He turns his back to me and starts strolling away when something urges me to reach for his hand.

"Stay."

~+~

*Izuku's POV*

Over my shoulder, I notice Uraraka's grip tighten against my wrist.

Did she just say she wants me to stay?

When Uraraka looks up at me and hastily bounces back as if she's said something wrong. "I-I-I mean, the s-school project. Why do it on W-Wednesday when we could just get it done now. Plus we have our school bags," she explains, sweating profusely.

"Y-yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Uraraka's apartment is small and cozy. There's a living room, a kitchen with a table to eat at, a bathroom, and her bedroom—perfect for housing one person.

"Want to work in the living room? Maybe we could watch TV too," Uraraka says.

"Sure," I say, kind of happy that we won't be working somewhere secluded like her bedroom.

We're on the couch, both getting what we need for the project, when I feel a head rest on my shoulder.

*Ochako's POV*

I have this overwhelming sense of confidence and lean my head against Deku. I don't know why I'm so eager to just tell him I like him. Maybe it's what Tsuyu and Mina said earlier.

*Flashback to earlier today*

"Wait, so you asked Midoriya to go shopping after school, and he said yes?" Mina asked, clearly interested.

"Yeah."

Tsuyu spoke up. "Confess, ribbit."

"I-I could never do that!" I stuttered.

"This is, like, a one in a million chance. Don't screw it up and just tell him," Mina resisted, rolling her eyes.

"It's not happening," I countered.

"Listen to me, Ochako," Mina said, grabbing my hands. "Midoriya likes you back. I know that for a fact."

"He stares at you in class all the time, ribbit. And he blushes whenever you get close," Tsuyu added.

"Believe me. Everyone in class comes to me for advice on romance; I'm sure about this," Mina states, confident in herself.

"Maybe I'll confess," I whispered.

*End of flashback*

We felt so much like a couple today, and even I, someone who's known to be dense, noticed the blush on Deku's cheeks whenever I was close to him. My friends could be right.

"You're always there to save me, Deku ," I whisper, shortening the distance between us until there is none.

"U-Uraraka?" he questions, his voice so high that it sounds like he inhaled a helium balloon.

"What do you the think of me?"

"W-well, I think you're an awesome f-friend. And I'm grateful to you in a lot of ways. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you," Deku answers genuinely.

"I don't think of you as a friend," I blurt, my words coming out quicker and quieter than I expect. He turns his head to me and I stare into his eyes.

"T-then, Uraraka, do you think of me as..." Deku begins, trailing off before finishing. He doesn't need to finish, though; I know what he's going to say.