My Not So Typical First Day

"Abby! Wake up! You're gonna be late for your first day of school!!" A voice shouts out to me who turns out to be my dad, Pops, which I call him. "Come on Pops, give me 5 more minutes." I refused to get up "Well I guess I shouldn't waste my time waking you up, after all you only got 30 minutes to get to school."

My dad said and walks out of my room. As he was walking down the stairs I immediately got out of bed and shouted out to my dad "30 MINUTES?! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING!?"

After I got up, I took my bath, brushed my teeth, wear my uniform, get toast from the kitchen, and said goodbye to my dog and my dad, and I ran all the way to school while eating a toast in my mouth.

My name is Abigail Quinn, I am a 15 year old high school student who enjoys spending time playing videogames and always spend my days inside. And this is the story about my not so typical life.

As I was on my way to school I crashed into my childhood best friend, Mary.

Mary Greené, she also goes to the same school as me and she is always the one who enjoys hanging out with me and my friend Amy, she is always the optimistic one in our group and is also my childhood best friend since kindergarten.

"You're late again!?" Mary complained as I was finishing off my last bite of toast "Sorry, I kinda overslept a bit.." I embarrassingly admit and before Mary wanted to say anything else to me, she decided to walk away from me and continued to walk to school.

"Mary! Hold on a minute!" I catched up to Mary and we continued to walk to school together. We were finally in school and luckily we were there right before the bell rang. As me and Mary were walking down the halls, we past by our old friend who we met back in elementary school, Amy.

Amy Robinson was always the smart one in our group, she was always the nerd type but we still hang out with her, besides having a nerdy friend is always useful for homeworks.

"You're late again?" Amy complained "Meh." I shrugged "Why were you late this time?" Amy crossed her arms as she waits for my answer.

"You may find it hard to believe but I was actually seeking for the lost treasure in some lost temple..." Amy facepalmed after what I had said and looks over at Mary "She was actually playing the new videogame that she got." Mary admitted to Amy "Really?" Amy looks over at me "You can't blame Lara for following in her father's footsteps and besides it's their 20th year anniversary." I admitted, as the bell ring we all got separated and went to our classrooms.

Mary and Amy were both in the same class since both had a high grade. And since they were both in the higher class, I was in... the lower class. Of course, the class wasn't all that bad until... I remembered that I was having math class first.

A woman who was apparently our math teacher came in to the classroom "Good morning everyone! My name is Sarah Applegates but you can call me by Ms. Applegates." Ms. Applegates started teaching meanwhile I was sleeping in class, Ms. Applegates noticed and walked towards my desk "Ms. Quinn!" She shouted out to me.

I woke up and shouted out "Leon!" I noticed that everyone was looking at me and after what I had performed, me and Ms. Applegates officially hated each other and that was the beginning of a horrible relationship with a teacher and a student.

The bell finally rang and it meant that it was lunch time. As I was getting my lunch ready, I bumped into Mary and Amy and of course we ate together and had our usual conversations.

As we were about done finishing up our food, the Principal came in and made an announcement "Attention all students! By February 14 we will be celebrating Valentines Day and since we will be celebrating that day, there will be a prom!" After what the Principal said, everyone immediately talks about it.

"Of course, you are required to bring a date and you all must go there! You only have half the year to think about it! That will be all." The Principal walked out the room and everyone was excited, except for me.

And that was the start of My Not So Typical Life.