My Backstory

It all started one Saturday morning, I was doing something that any girly girl would do, until my dad got a call from the hospital "Abigail, we have to go." My dad said "Where?" I asked "We have to go, now!"

We both rushed there and saw my mom laying in the hospital bed, my dad cried and I didn't know what was going on, the three of us went home and she was still laying in bed.

"Daddy, what's wrong?" I asked "N-nothing sweetheart! Y-your mom is just sick... that's all.." My dad kept crying and taking care of my mom and all I did was nothing but sit around and waited for everything to be fine.

After a few months, I was called to have a talk with my mom "H-hey Abby.." My mom hugged me from her bed "Mommy.. what's wrong with daddy?" I asked "Mommy has been very sick lately and your daddy is just worried.." My mom pets my head.

"Mommy, why are you bald?" I asked "Just trying a new look..." She answered "Mommy, why are you so pale?" I asked again "I haven't been drinking water recently.." She answered and I kept on asking and asking until I had enough.

"Mommy, please answer me honestly! Daddy keeps lying about that everything is going to be fine!" I cried, my mother patted my head "I.. I don't think you can handle the truth..." She hesitate "Yes I can! I may be 5 years old, but I'm not dumb!" I cried and cried until...

"I'm dying.." She told me the truth and it turns out that the day I talked with her, was the last day I will ever talk with her "Sweetheart.. I want you to remember something..." My mom said "What is it?" I asked "Hold my hand and promise me something.."

I held my mother's hand "Promise me that you will still be my little Abigail when I'm gone.." She held my hand tightly "I promise.." I cried, after saying that she rest in peace... and I stopped going to kindergarten for a few weeks.

After Mary noticed I stopped attending school, she came by my house one time "Hey Abby, why aren't you attending school?" Mary asked and I said nothing "Abby? What's wrong?" Mary tried getting my attention.

"Just.. go away..." I sat on my bed looking depressed "Abby, I'm really worried about you.." As Mary tried to comfort me, I hissed at her and told her "Just go away!" I shouted and she ran home crying, I immediately regretted what I had said to Mary.

Eventually I went back to school and thankfully Mary had forgotten about me not attending kindergarten, and that was of course the school when I met you Amy. "I'm guessing that it wasn't sickness that killed her, huh?" Amy asked "Yeah.. I only said that to make myself feel better..." I got depressed

"Is that why you stopped talking with me in kindergarten?" Mary asked "Yes.. but eventually my dad taught me about videogames because that was what he enjoyed when he was a kid and it made me feel better." I cried.

"Thank you for telling me.." Mary patted my shoulder and we all continued to enjoy our slumber party together.