Who Are You Going To Ask?

"Oh no! We're doomed!" I panicked "What's wrong Abby?" Mary got concerned "Didn't you hear what the principal just said?!" I shouted "Well what's wrong about going to the prom?" Amy asks as if she thinks it was a big deal "Well, what do you think is the big deal about the prom?" Amy looked as if she was offended about what I said.

"Well first off, you get to wear pretty dresses." Amy said "Yuck, girly." I was disgusted after imaginating it "You get to go with a boy you like." Amy continues "Gross, cooties." I said as I thought about this weird feeling in my spine "Basically the list goes on and on!" Amy said as she was excited to go to the prom.
"But, it's so... weird!" I said and Amy immediately stares at me "Oh please, you'll probably be there for the food." Amy sighed "Yeah, but being in a party with a boy? Ew!" I tried not to think about it "Well, you're just saying that because you're a tomboy!" Amy insulted and I gasped "Well, at least I'm not a know-it-all like you!" I insulted back and we immediately argued like there was no tomorrow.

"So guys, who are you going to ask to go to the prom with you?" Mary asked and we both stopped what we were doing and immediately looked at Mary "Well..." Amy blushed and I immediately knew what she was gonna say.

"I know who she's gonna ask." I grinned and immediately both of them were looking at me with their eyes wide open "Who?" Mary curiously asks "Mar-" Amy immediately shuts my mouth before I finished "Nobody!" Amy finished my sentence, I pushed away Amy's hands off my mouth.

"Jeez, what's wrong with you? I was only gonna say Mark Yates." I said as Amy face palmed herself "Oh my gosh, the Mark Yates?!" Mary said as she was overjoyed.

Mark Yates, the boy that just sits down and spends his time reading books even during lunch time but apparently all the girls fall for him and is apparently the crush of my best friend, Amy.

"Y-yeah, him... Abby! How did you know?!" Amy punched my arm and I laughed "Oh please, you keep your diary in your bag all the time." I said as Amy was embarrassed to say anything until...

"Well Abby, who are you  gonna ask to go to the prom with you?!" Amy said with confidence "Pft that's easy, nobody!" I answered "Oh yeah, Abby's not the type who falls for boys." Mary said as Amy realized that it was true "Seriously Abby?" Amy said as she looked disappointed at me "Well what did you expect, you did say I was a tomboy." I quoted.

"Well you do got a good point.." Amy said "Well you got to at least bring someone with you." Mary suggested "Why can't boys be like Cloud Strife?!" I was miserably doomed "Wait... who?" Amy questioned "Never mind that! We have to go to the mall to buy our dresses for the prom!" Mary declared and Amy agreed.

"But I don't want to.." I complained even more "We'll take you to the video game store if you do." Mary convinced "Fine.." I grumbled "Alright then it's settled! Let's go after school, got it?" Mary declared "Yep!" Amy happily says "Fine" I sighed in grief.

The next day after school, we were on our way to the mall "It's been a while since we done some shopping!" Mary delightfully says, meanwhile I was dead on the inside when I saw all those girly dresses.

"Oh come on Abigail, lighten up a little!" Amy tried cheering me up "But everything is so pink and girly!" I complain and I decided to walk away while hiding inside a random box "Abby!" Amy called out "!" I sighed and got out of the box "Will this day ever end?" I complained more.

After a whole day of looking at dresses, we didn't find any dresses we wanted since they were pretty expensive, so we decided to go home. And at the end of the day, it turns out...

They lied to me about going to the video game store.