Meeting The Fam

As I was on my way to school, I bumped into Jack and we both walked to school together "I can't believe that your dad likes me." Jack laughed "And I can't believe he thinks we would make a great couple." I joked.

"Well as punishment for making me meet your dad, my parents want to meet you." Jack said "Wait, are you serious!?" I panicked "Of course." Jack answered "W-what did I do to deserve this!?" I panicked more until Jack snapped it out of me.

"It's gonna be fine, you're only gonna be meeting the fam." Jack convinced "Fine, when will I get to meet them?" I sighed "Later after school." Jack answered and we continued walking to school and went to class after that.

When it was recess, me and my friends talked about what me and Jack talked about earlier "Meet his parents!?" Amy freaked out "I know right?!" I panicked "Well isn't it a good thing?" Mary questioned "You guys don't get it! I have to dress well, have good manners, and basically anything girly!" I hid my face with shame "Seriously? That's what you're worried about?" Amy asked "Yeah, what about the parents?" Mary asked.

"I'm fine with meeting the parents, but being all fancy and girly is a problem." I answered "It's fine, just be yourself and everything will be fine!" Mary was being optimistic "That's what everyone always say, but it turns out that it doesn't work out like they wanted it to be." While I was being a pessimistic.

After school, me and Jack went to his house "Gosh, I'm so nervous!" I shook "Don't worry it's not only my parents you'll be meeting, there's my little sister." Jack puts all my stresses away "Really?" I forgotten about my nervousness "Yeah, although she is an anime fanatic, but she sorta likes videogames too." Jack answered.

We went to the front door and opened it "Mom! Dad! I'm here with a guest!" Jack called out and Jack's parents came to us "Greetings! You must be Abigail Quinn!" Jack's dad greeted "H-hello!" I shook "Sis! Come here and meet my friend!" Jack called out and his sister came in.

"Onii-chan!" Jack's sister hugged Jack "Hey sis, meet Abigail." Jack presented me to his sister "If you got a girlfriend, would you forget about me? That won't happen would it?!" His sister weeps "No that won't happen, what do I always say?" Jack pats her head "It will always be just Monika." Monika giggled.

"Just Monika? Why does that sound familiar?" I wondered but decided not to think about it too much "Want me to give you the tour?" Jack asked "Sure." I nodded, after seeing the house and getting to know Jack's parents, it wasn't that bad as I thought it would be.

"Wow, it went pretty well with you and my parents." Jack sighed in relief "Yeah." I agreed "But there's one problem though." Jack remembered "What is it?" I questioned "Well my sister wants you and her to know each other." Jack answered.

"Monika? But why?" I asked "She's just not comfortable with you yet." Jack sweats "O-okay." We both went to Monika's room and went in "Onii-chan!" Monika got up from the floor and hugged Jack "Hey sis, Abby here wants you and her to get to know each other." Jack told Monika.

"But why?" Monika asked "Me and the fam are gonna be grocery shopping now, and I need you and Abigail to spend some time together!" Jack said "Anything for my Onii-chan!" Monika smiled "That's my little sis." Jack patted Monika and went out with his parents.

"S-so Monika, I heard you like anime!" I shook even though I'm alone with a 5 year old "Yeah, that's why I call my brother Onii-chan instead of his actual name." She said as she played with her toys.

"What does Onii-chan mean?" I curiously asked "It means big brother in Japanese." Monika explained "I see.." I noticed that she had a lot of books on her bookshelf "How old did you say you were?" I asked "Five, why?" Monika asked.

"I noticed that you have a lot of books here." I looked over at the books "Why are you surprised?" Monika was confused "Well a child your age can't read properly yet." I try explaining to her.

"To be honest, I'm not like the other kids." Monika sighed "What do you mean?" I asked and we started bonding with each other. After a while, Jack came back with his parents "Monika!" Jack called out.

"Onii-chan!" Monika ran down the stairs and gave Jack a big hug "Did you have fun with Abby?" Jack asked "Yeah! Can you please bring her here often so she could play with me?" Monika begged "Sure, anything for you, sis." Jack agreed.

When it was time for me to go home, Jack walked with me to my house "Hey, thanks." Jack said "For what?" I asked "For taking care of my sister." Jack sighed in relief "No problem, anything for my player 1." I smiled.

"Heh, I would do the same for my player 2." Jack head-locks me and I struggled trying to get him off me. As soon as I went home, I waved goodbye to Jack and he went on home.