A Special Bond

Tomorrow was Friday, meaning that the prom will be tomorrow night "Abby? You okay? You blanked out a second there." Jack tries getting my attention "Yeah, it's just that a lot of things have happened in the past year." I said "Well I've been thinking about it too, I mean can you believe that I met the most amazing girl?" After realizing what Jack said, he facepalmed.

"Was that most amazing girl me?" I laughed "Shut up." Jack punched my arm slightly "Well time to separate ways now." Before I went to my friends' table, Jack held my hand "W-wait!" He stopped me "F-forgot something to say again?" I blushed.

"Y-yeah.." Jack pulls something out of his pocket "It's a.." Jack bends down on one knee "Abigail Quinn, will you promise to always be friends and never ever be nothing more than friends?" Jack proposed "It's my pleasure." I agreed.

We both exchanged rings that said Player 1 and Player 2 "We should probably go to lunch now." Jack said "Yeah." We both went our separate ways and I went to sit down with my friends "Hey Abby, we were just talking about you." Mary greeted.

"Yeah sorry, me and Jack had to talk about something." I ate my lunch "Hey Abby, what's that on your ring finger?" Amy pointed out "Oh, me and Jack exchanged rings. He was Player 1 and I was Player 2." After saying that sentence, Amy and Mary gasped.

"You've made a commitment!?" Amy bounced "I can't believe it!" Mary smiled "Guys! It's only a best friend forever type of ring." I calmed them down "How did he proposed?" Amy questioned "He promised me that we will always be friends, and nothing more than friends." I answered.

"Abby, I don't think you should be wearing that in front of your dad." Mary advised me "Why?" I asked "Well both of us did got the wrong idea about you and Jack being together." Amy made a good point "Shouldn't I just tell my dad that this is a gift or a friendship ring?" I questioned.

"Yeah, but you'll have a lot of explaining to do." Mary also made a good point "Well like it or not, I'm just gonna explain it to my dad even if it takes all day to explain it to him." I continued eating my lunch.

"Why are you wearing it in your ring finger?" Amy asked "Because that's the finger where you usually put rings in? There is a reason why it's called the ring finger right?" I tilted my head "You do realize that ring fingers symbolizes marriage right?" Mary explained to me "Seriously!?" I facepalmed "Idiot." Amy shook her head and I continued eating my lunch again.

"So, does that mean you and Jack have a special bond?" After what Amy said, I spat out my food "You're not gonna stop talking about me and Jack are you?" I looked at Amy "You guys have gotten close to each other for the past year." Amy explained "Like I said, me and Jack are just friends, nothing more and nothing less."

After saying that, things went silent until the bell rings "Abby! Let's go!" Jack called and we both walked to class together "Your friends made a big deal about it too?" Jack asked "Yeah, I'm guessing your friends too huh?" I sighed.

"I knew it was a mistake to give you a ring." Jack held my hand and takes off my ring "No." I stopped him "Wouldn't your dad or other people might mistaken us as a couple?" Jack questioned "I would rather have people mistaken us than to have my Player 1 quit the game." I convinced him.

Jack smiled and lets go of my hand "We should probably go to class now." Jack and I ran to class and of course we got scolded for being 5 minutes late. When I went home, my dad noticed something different about me "Hey Abby, what's that on your finger?" Pops pointed.

"A friendship ring?" I said "Well what does player 2 really mean?" He questioned "I don't know, I guess it means that I joined a special player's game." I guessed, Pops gave me a pat on the back and gave me a thumbs up "Pops, you're indeed an embarrassment to society." I joked.