La La

The lights of the club pulse red and blue as James cuts his way through the crowd, face flushed with adrenaline and happiness. He spots his best friend at the bar. He makes his way over, confused at Sirius's lack of initiative in prowling the floor for tonight's one night stand.

"So, Siri, what's the flavor of the week?" James asks, sliding onto the stool next to Sirius. Sirius doesn't respond, keeping his eyes locked on the dance floor. James's eyes scan the room for anyone who might have caught Sirius's attention.

He glances back at his best friend, who hasn't given any indication of hearing James's question. James waves his hand in from of Sirius's face. "Hello?"

Sirius takes a sip from his drink and rolls his eyes. "I heard you, mate. I'm busy."

James follows Sirius's gaze, finally seeing the man Sirius was so focused on. A black t-shirt covered his lanky torso, freckles decorated his face and arms, and a pile of disheveled sandy hair topped his head. James looks back at Sirius and smirks.

"Ooh, ickle Siri's got it bad! Bloody brilliant! It's taken long enough! Finally find a boy for more than one night?" he teases. 

Sirius rolls his eyes again before training them back on the dancing man. "Sod off, Prongs - you haven't been with any girl for the past two months we've been coming here. You've been too busy obsessing over that redheaded bartender."

James puffs his chest a little. "And I'll have you know I'm making great progress. She only insulted me twice tonight, and I managed to get her number. She said she'd save me a dance when her shift is over, which should be any minute."

Sirius suddenly starts to laugh. James glances at him quizzically, then looks to where Sirius is pointing. The mysterious man had turned around while moving, and James can just barely see wild red hair bobbing up and down around him. He begins to rise, jealousy flooding his body. "Oi, he's dancing with my girl!"

Sirius sticks his arm out, pushing James back into his seat. "One, she's not your girl. She told me to make sure you knew that. Two, he definitely doesn't swing Lily's way."

James looks incredulously at Sirius. "When did you talk to her? Why wasn't I there?"

Sirius smirks. "Well, while you were making a damn fool of yourself out there trying to impress her with your dance moves, she caught me checking her friend out while I was sitting at the bar. He works in the back but he was helping Lily tonight."

James sees the dancing guy wink at Sirius, and looks quickly at his best friend to see him blush and take another drink. "Wait a minute! Did I just witness THE Sirius Black blush?" He jostles Sirius's shoulder, seizing this opportunity to mercilessly tease the usually-suave flirt. "I thought you were the one who was supposed to make all the other guys all hot and bothered."

Sirius just blushes deeper, looking back at the dance floor. "James, I don't know what it is about this one," he mumbled. "He's not like the other guys that I meet here. It's like he's...it's like he's pulling on me, like the moon."

James isn't even sure if he's talking to his best friend anymore. "Since when did you get so poetic?"

Sirius shrugs and stands up. "Alright, well this has been lovely, but before I lose my nerve, I'm gonna go dance with him."

"Have you actually met him yet?"

"No, but Lily said he sees me here sometimes and he thinks I'm hot, so what do I have to lose?" Sirius looks at James for the first time in this conversation, and James can see a new sparkle in his eyes. "He's not like the other boys, Prongsie, honest. With him, it's like I've got no choice. I have to." He throws the rest of his liquid courage down his throat and slams the glass on the bar top. He shrugs out of his leather jacket and hands it to James before embarking onto the dance floor.

James just shakes his head, utterly bewildered at the state Sirius is currently in. A thought occurs to him just as Sirius starts to walk away. 

"Sirius! Do you even know his name?"

Sirius keeps walking but calls out an answer that James just barely hears above the music of the club. 

"Remus!"