| S T E P - B R O T H E R |

May 31, 2018

Kelly:

My dad got remarried... I'm happy for him, but I feel like he gave up on mom. My mother passed away a year ago, from a heart complication. She looked a lot like me, she had brown hair, loved softball, green eyes, and was the nicest and sweetest person you could ever meet, I miss her.

My dad's new wife has four kids, but only one of them is a boy. I don't want step-siblings, or even siblings in general. I'm a couple months older than their son, I think his name was Jason, Jake, Jack, I don't remember. 

My best friends name is Tyrone. Now you might be thinking, is this a best friend love story? No, Tyrone and I are best friends— ever since we were born. He has helped me through a lot and no one will understand what he has helped me through.

"Kell! Kristen and her kids are here!" I groan and walk downstairs, slowly. I make it to the last step and I see my dad kissing a woman "yuck" I say and walk passed and sit on the couch "Kelly, be polite!" I hum back in response.

"Come say hello"

I make my way to the door and I hug Kristen lightly "hi" I mumble and she pulls three girls in "Kelly, these are my daughters. Sydnie, Ava, and Isla" I smile and hug them all. I might become close with Sydnie. "And this is my son, Jack" she pulls him in and I hear him groan "hey" he says bluntly "well. I see you don't wanna be here, just as much as me" I hear my dad tick his tongue and I roll my eyes and walk over to the kitchen.

2 Hours Later

"DAD! Where are my takis?!" I yell

"Oh, I think Jack ate them" I groan and stomp my way to his room and knock on it loudly

I hear shuffling and he opens the door. "What do you want?" I cross my arms

"You ate my takis, when they had MY name on them!" I raise my voice and he laughs. "Oh! Big tough girl gonna do something?" I was going to yell but then I started coughing

"Y'know what, forget it Jack" he looks at me skeptically and I walk off running to my dad. He looks at my face and immediately runs and get my inhaler. " honey, you can't get worked up like that" he hugs me tightly and I feel tears come out of my eyes "I miss mom" he hugs me tighter. "Why don't you call Tyrone, he always makes you feel better" I huff "it would help if he actually was in Pennsylvania still, he moved to Florida dad" he sighs "just try".

I go up to my room and I dial Tyrone's numbers. "Hello" his raspy voice says on the other end "Hey" I say in a shaky voice "what's wrong?" He immediately knows "My dads new wife's, son. He thinks he knows everything and he ate my takis"  he laughs "Not the takis!" I laugh really hard.  I hear a knock at my door "come in" Jack walks in "can you shut up, you're so loud" I roll my eyes. "Hey Ty, I gotta go. This baboon is bothering me." I hear him sigh "Okay, love ya Kell" I smile softly "love you too miss you" the call ends and jack looks at me "your boyfriend?" I shake my head and he snorts "sure" I roll my eyes "get out"

He slams the door and my picture on the wall falls. I immediately get up and pick it up. It's of Me, My mom, my dad, and Tyrone. It has him in it because he lived with us for a while because his mom was in the service and his mom and my mom were best friends.

The picture is smashed. "mom" I whisper and run my finger over her face. I pick it up and take the picture out of the frame. I go downstairs with the broken frame and throw it in the trash "what did ya throw away babe" my dad asks "picture frame. Jack slammed my door and it fell off my wall. " he shakes his head "it'll get better" I nod lightly

I lay on my bed and hug my pillow and cry softly.

First I was diagnosed but then I lost my mom...