| F I N A L |

Third Person POV:

today's the day.
the day our beloved christina and corbyn get married.

the day, that everyone sort of feared.
everyone was coming together all at once, in such a long time. almost 11 years. the last time they were all together was Tyrone and Anna's wedding.

they all lost touch after kelly passed away.
besides the boys, they were very close still. because of the band. the band that played Madison Square Garden, and sold it out in under 5 minutes.

their wives, their children, and they parents all lost touch with each other. jack was distant from his family and the boys for awhile. he didn't think there was any point in living after he saw his sister get put in the ground.

but, he overcame that.

{}

corbyn.
he had a special bond with kelly.
they were both jokesters.
loved memes.
both had the biggest smiles.

so, keeping the promise he made the kelly.

F L A S H B A C K

"Corbyn, oh the sweet bean. " I grab onto his hand and I see tears in his eyes.

"Thank you for bringing me the dumbest shit possible in the hospital and always making me laugh and I love you for that. I promise when you marry Christina that I will be there no matter what and I will finally see your ass wife her up." He laughs and hugs me. "You will be at my wedding. Trust me" I hug him tighter.

"I love you too"

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

corbyn wanted to put kelly's picture on a stand at the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. so it's like she's always there.

little did corbyn know, his wife christina had a plan of her own.

"alright! hi everyone thank you for coming!" christina spoke into the mic towards everyone.

"since everyone is finally all together. I wanted to say something to my now husband"

corbyn looked at her quite confused because they had planned on what was happening each and every second— this was not one of them.

"kelly. kelly was her name" christina spoke softly to everyone and glances towards her husband.

corbyns breath got caught in his throat, hearing her name for the first time in years from someone else was weird to him.

"she's the girl that you see on the big picture."

everyone looks towards the picture

"her and I were close also. I took this picture because kelly was feeling down that day and I wanted to hype her up. y'know?" she smirks and everyone laughs

"but, she had a strong bond with corbyn. anytime she was at the apartment; I would come to a mess, that looked like it was created by five year olds"

christina walks towards her husband and grabs his hand. corbyn having tears falling down his face, and smiling lightly at her.

"she wanted me to show you this"

corbyn stands up and hugs his wife tightly, crying into her shoulder.

that's the first time he's heard her voice in years. he never had the guts to watch any videos of them or listen to her obnoxious voice mails.

"I love you so much" he whispered into christina's ear

"I love you too" she presses a kiss to his lips.

christina steps away from her husband and sees the people who were close with kelly— are also crying.

isla, now being 20.
reese, now be 20.
sydnie. now be 32.
ava now being 26.

and the boys.

"kelly was a special person to all of us. the relationship she had with corbyn, is something i'm still trying to figure out. i've never had a relationship with him like that because kelly was his best friend. not that many people saw it, but he was. I miss her making him smile. it w-was rough after she passed away because corbyn went into a really bad place after. I didn't hear him laugh for a while, I didn't even have to clean up anything. it's still weird not having her around even after 12 years. kelly asked me to record this video because she knew that she wasn't going to be here for this day. she also asked me to say one more thing to all of you. no matter if you knew her or not" christina wipes her tears and pulls out a very worn out piece of paper.

"my name is kelly smith. I have 3 sister and a brother. I also have a couple of best friends and a boyfriend whom I love. isla and reese once asked me about my scars from all my treatments. so I told them, they were battle scars. they were the scars that were there proving I was fighting to live my life to the fullest."

christina pauses to clear her throat

"these scars weren't created by me. they were created by the things helping to keep my alive. so if you have scars for any reason; let them have a good story behind them. and god forbid if they have a bad story behind them, know that people all around the world have those type of scars. you're not alone."

"now, zachary."

he looks up from his lap and christina holds out her pinky as kelly instructed her to do in the note.

as soon as zach locks his pinky with hers, he starts crying

"daddy, why are crying?" his sweet,
sweet abigail asked from his lap.

"they're happy and sad tears. i'm okay" he kisses her head and motions for christina to continue

"say it with me zach" christina whispers

"it's not a promise unless it's a pinky promise" everyone says along instead.

"and finally"

"this was battle scars"

T H E
E N D