Chapter 9

Ceaderstripe padded through the forest to the Frostclan border.
She took in a deep breath knowing that she had to do this to get the answer to her question.
She stepped over the border and walked towards the large mountain with the Frostclan camp halfway up it.
She started to climb the mountain cautiously.
"What are you doing!?" Ceaderstripe heard a voice ahead of her.
She looked up from her paws to see Iceclaw at the head of a patrol heading straight towards her.
"I need to speak to Froststar," Ceaderstripe mewed padding up to the patrol.
"Why?" Iceclaw asked.
"Its a private matter, may I speak to him?" She mewed.
"Fine," Iceclaw mewed tartly.
The patrol surrounded Ceaderstripe and led her into the camp.
"His den is in there," Iceclaw mewed nodding his head towards a cave with a curtain of lichen hanging in the entrance.
Ceaderstripe padded to the den, "May I come in?" She mewed.
"Yes you may, Ceaderstripe," Froststar mewed.
Ceaderstripe padded into the den, surprised by how light it was.
"I need to talk to you about something- something important," Ceaderstripe mewed, I hope he understands, she thought.
"I think I know what you're talking about, sit down," he mewed as he sat up in his nest.
"So you have seen the-" Ceaderstripe started as Froststar nodded, "What do you think it means?"
Froststar looked thoughtful for a moment, "I'm not sure, but I know it means great danger to our clans," he mewed finally.