Chapter 10

Ceaderstripe padded into the Stoneclan camp.
"Where have you been!?" Burntwhisker raced up to Ceaderstripe.
"I went to discuss something with Froststar," she mewed.
"Alone!?" Burntwhisker mewed angrily.
"Yes, alone! I'm not a kit you know! I can protect myself!" Ceaderstripe mewed then stalked to the warriors den leaving her mate behind her.
Who does he think he is, bossing me around! I can protect and defend myself! Ceaderstripe thought as she sat in her nest grooming herself.
Burntwhisker padded into the den, "I'm sorry, Ceaderstripe, its just that I want to know that your safe at all times. I couldn't bare to loose you," he mewed quietly.
"I'm sorry too," Ceaderstripe mewed then nuzzled her mate's cheek.
Burntwhisker and Ceaderstripe sat down in their nests and shared tounges.

Ceaderstripe could hear Burntwhisker's faint snore as she drifted into a peaceful, dreamless, sleep.
When she woke up she stood up and stretched with a yawn.
She padded slowly over to her sister who was asleep in her nest.
"Hemlockheart," she prodded her sister in the side.
"Wha-?" Hemlockheart mewed followed by a yawn.
"Let's hunt," Ceaderstripe mewed.
"I'll join you," Fluffypelt said with a yawn then stood up and stretched.
The three she-cats padded out of the den, dodging all of the sleeping cats.
They padded out of the camp and walked through the forest.
Hemlockheart veered away towards a bush and Ceaderstripe noticed the mouse within the branches nibbling on an acorn.
She watched as her sister crept up on the mouse slowly then pounced.
Hemlockheart stood up, "I missed it by a whisker!" She mewed defeatedly.
"Its ok, better luck next time," Fluffypelt mewed.
Ceaderstripe spotted a squirrel and crouched. Paw step by paw step, she crept up on the squirrel. At last second the squirrel noticed her then ran. "Mouse dung," Ceaderstripe whispered to herself as she started to chase the squirrel.
As she caught up she sped up and pounced on the squirrel, giving it a bite to the spine, killing it.
She spotted Fluffypelt a couple fox lengths away stalking a pigeon.
Ceaderstripe buried her prey then sniffed the air, Shrew! She thought hopefully.
She spotted the shrew a few tail lengths away washing its paw.
A clean meal she thought as she crouched and snuck up on the shrew.
She pounced and gave it a swift bite to the neck then carried it to where she had buried the squirrel.
Fluffypelt padded up with her pigeon and a small mouse while Hemlockheart padded behind her carrying a crow.
"Let's head back to camp," Ceaderstripe mewed around the mouse.
She dug up her Squirrel and the she-cats padded silently back to camp.
When she entered the camp she saw Stonestar and his mate, Goldfur and their kits.
Ceaderstripe and the others deposited their prey and went to the corner of camp.
"Heatherfur will be having her kits in about a moon!" Fluffypelt mewed excitedly.
"I wonder what they will look like," Hemlockheart mewed.
"I wonder what she will name them," Ceaderstripe purred.
Flatpaw padded out of the apprentices den and yawned, "hey," he mewed as he passed the she-cats.
"Good morning," Hemlockheart mewed.
"Hi," Ceaderstripe mewed.
"Hello," Fluffypelt mewed softly.

Later that day Ceaderstripe, Icepaw and Snowpaw were playing moss ball in the camp clearing.
"Haha!" Icepaw laughed as the moss bal hit Snowpaw in the face.
"Ouch!" Snowpaw mewed then pounced on his brother, "this is what you get!"
Ceaderstripe laughed, "Break it up, break it up. You don't fight your own clanmates, remember?"
"Yeah we know," Snowpaw mewed, "we're not kits you know!" he stalked  away.
Icepaw scowled at Ceaderstripe then followed his brother.
Grouchy much? Ceaderstripe thought.