The Innocent and the Bold

His hoof sharply counted on the ground as his line was tied firmly enough. Quasimodo was looking on quite worriedly.

"Evrard. Are you so sure of this?" his sister asked.

"Of course! This is how I learned, and it's how you learned." he then stated confidently.

"I also suspect that you never rode a horse before either." Evrard then looked to Quasimodo after smirking at her.

The hunchback swallowed his nerves down and took a step closer.

"I have not." he stated, rubbing a hand tightly behind his neck. "But you wish me to...ride him?"

"He's calm around you. So it's better if you're the one to break him. It will be less violent so-called." Evrard joked.

Quasimodo eyes widened and took a step away. He gazed at the impatient pony and he did notice that he was focused on him, but he could not tell if it was anger or what. To his judgement, it was unpredictable to ride him. Was Evrard that serious or was he just being crude?

"I-I...I don't know." Quasi sighed, unsure.

"You need to learn how anyway. Everyone here knows how to ride, which means you should too."

That made Quasimodo cringe. Never had he rode a horse and it seemed all the more dangerous to him. But he was very tempted to learn though. He tried to study the pony's eyes, which seemed trusting when looking at him. And just only him. The pony was angry that Evrard was holding him.

Quasimodo was just about to say a suggestion before there was the blare of the warning horn. The pony reared back and the three backed away, more concerned about the warning, rather than the pony running away.

Evrard was in the lead, running back into the camp with the other two following. Quasimodo and Adalyn saw that the camp was in fear, with the orphans fearfully taking down the tents quickly. It was going to be another hard morning for the Burrowers, for their were a group of armed Spaniards moving into the claimed area. They were sent off my Dracon, who seemed to know where the fragile Princess was hidden, after all. One of orphan sentries saw that unwelcome horseman ride right into the forest.

There were five men riding in after receiving a small clue from one stray horse running from out of the forest. Dracon Salazar suspected and sent five of his men to search the forests as he took care of the law by evading them and distracting them.

Esmeralda stood right up as Clopin ran out of the tent to see what was happening. He came back, determined.

"They're here!" he gasped.

Sheer horror covered all of their faces.

"She cannot be seen! Hurry!" Clopin motioned to Aurora who was shaken to see so much panic.

Quasimodo had to come up with something and hopelessly looked to Agatha who was groping towards him. Quickly, he took her hand.

"Agatha! Will you take Rose with you?" he asked of her, worried.

She immediately shook her head, going against the matter.

"Quasimodo, no. I...."

"...please, I... I trust you." he said.

Agatha was struck speechless. Rose was confused as to what was going on. But when Quasimodo looked to her, she was not so easy to convince.

"No..." she argued, understanding that he was staying behind.

He gazed directly into her eyes, just as frightened.

"Rose, you must trust me.... You will be safe."