The Monster

Evrard was sensitive and certainly he could tell that something was off here. He kept believing that there was someone with him out here and it was no ally. Suddenly, from where she was hiding, she could make out the shape of this frail black stallion from way afar that stomped down its hoof as it tread the murky grounds.

Rose tried to keep herself from crying, or making any sort of noise as she watched that familiar monster come right onto the old property at the entrance of the ancient wall. The memory of riding on that horse with that very painful hold on her shoulder was all too vivid.

Though she had protectors, she had a sense that he was around here. The cruel one who kept her hidden away and sad. It was the terrible man who made her believe that she had meant nothing. Rose began to sob into her arms before Esmeralda took her close, softly shushing into her ear as quietly as she could. She was to take the child to a much better hiding place. She as well knew of the man who had joined them on these grounds.

Evrard glared bravely at the stray horse not recognizing it at all. Protective, he looked to Adalyn and nodded to her to go with Esmeralda and flee with the child. He was to do his best to distract the pirate. It was just like a hunt...or was he the one being hunted...? He had to pin point where this outlaw was. There was that awful feeling that someone was directly behind him. When the ginger turned around, he nearly found a dagger pinned directly into his chest, but instead, he ducked low and was able to shoot an arrow at the figure. But it was so dark though and he had missed his target. He heard the murky running from this old niche.

Dracon made a round turn to frighten the woodland man, only aiming to rid him so he could get closer to finally retrieving what belonged to him. Evrard tried to make sure the women were far from where he was and when he saw the form of someone dashing into this one narrow area, he aimed his arrow and boldly shot. But the form had vanished.

As the thunder would roll, the worse his worry became. Evrard tried to see if there was someone else, but he pinned his back to the wall beside that one empty niche. He shut his brown eyes once more, sending out a prayer before he quickly went behind that wall to catch the potential threat but there was no one there. It was then when his panic worsened. What he least expected was that there was a shadow behind him. Dracon had his knife well and readied and had raised it high.

The moment was too swift. Evrard was barely able to turn before that knife was lunged down quickly.

He had to get there as quickly as possible, trusting quite reluctantly that Clopin was to be there in time as he was the one to take the short cut. He had prayed that he was not too late! Judeth held on as firmly as she could as droplets of rain began to hit her face.

Evrard flew back a foot after he was kicked, from dodging the fatal stab. The ginger shook his head and looked up at his attacker. The one shadow that has been chasing them since the start. There stood a ruined man with a sharp poniard readied in his right hand as his other was cut and bleeding. He stood tall, his vest and shirt torn and boots which sunk deep into the damp ground. Upon his right arm, lower...was the stain of blood red. Black hair, ratted yet seemed to be tied back with a single ripped bandana and his eyes were a deep brown with a small ring of ebony. Fresh from a battle it seemed as the pirate came forward with a conflicted, yet twisted look deforming his once bold face. This time it was nothing but awful malice and rage.

Evrard tried to keep his face slack and firm, to show no fear as he tried to get to his feet as he tried to back away from Dracon.

"It's you.... You are the reason for all of this..." the young man hissed under his breath.

Something seemed to glow in Dracon's eye. Something deranged.

"Yes. I am." he spoke in deep, digging tone before he thrust his weapon again at the woodland.