Chapter 9

I was very much hoping it wasn't true. Jcee left the hospital few hours ago, said the doctor. She gave me some stuffs to read, some appointments with her and things I didn't care. I know I was delayed but I hate to know the truth!

I collapsed my knees at the main entrance of the hospital, crying. What if Jared won't accept it? What if Jcee won't accept me? What if Gina, too? What happens to me? To my mom? To my family? To work? What happens to my ba--

"Ashley." Someone called me, running towards me. My tears blurred my sight but his voice made me recognize him. Jared. "Get up." He pulled me up and hugged me. "It's fine. Everything's gonna be alright." And planted a kiss on my forehead.

Somehow, that made me a little calmer. Atleast, I know he'll be with me. That alone, I think I can get through this.

Things happened so fast. Faster than I could even imagine.

He took me to his unit and let me stay there.

"You should take a rest." He escorted me to his room and laid beside me.

His room is so calm and peacefully wide. It's really perfect.

I heard him sigh as I let myself think of things that would keep myself awake. "What should I do now? How can I get through this? What about my parents?"

My words came out so rapidly and I became a little bit shaky.

Abortion is not even an option to me. No! But then... am I ready for whatever will happen? Am I? I'm scared but I can't run away. I'm not running away anymore. Not this time. But I know this will be a lot easier if it's Nathan's child, not Jared's. This is my fault, though. All my fault. Jared gave me a chance to run that night but I didn't. I chose to stay.

And I have to choose to stay with him again.

"All you have to do is be healthy and keep the baby healthy. The rest will be all mine. Just focus yourself to you and my child. I will take care of your future, your parents and everything. Could you please atleast trust me with this?" He looked at me, pleading. I nodded at him and smiled a little.

He leaned closer, pulling me more to his side then kissed my head. "I'm sorry I've been a jerk. An asshole, dick-headed douche bag and got you into something like this. But believe me, I'll take the responsibility."

"How can you even do that?" I looked up at him.

He smirked. "Forgot who I am? Just take a good care of your tummy. You've got a damn golden billionaire fetus in there. Watch it." I giggled at that. Satisfied with my laughter, he again kissed my forehead to sleep.

I'm still nervous. How can a playboy, childish, all-fun guy turn into a responsible dad in a blink? Can he really leave his girls? His drinking sessions? His games? His care races? His immature self? For what? For me??? But I have no choice than to trust him now, have I? Well might as well let him be since he accepted the situation, that's good enough for me.

***

The week has passed and Jcee isn't showing up. I don't know but I can't blame him. He might be upset and disappointed in me right now. But I know him, I'm sure he'll still be with me. He just needs some time to maybe digest what is happening. But for now, all I need to do is to look for a dress.

Jared was with me all throughout the week without a blink. But I still sleep in my apartment. He gave me stuffs that can't even fit in my apartment. Stuffs for my pregnancy that I don't even need. I'm very comfortable with him now. Though about my family and friends, he's still not making a move for it. But I trust him. He's just looking for the right time, maybe.