Garden Lights - Chapter 3

Vivian never really knew much about the scary yet “devilishly handsome” Victor. She only knew what her roommate Cindy had told her about him.

He’s really reserved and doesn’t talk to anyone in class. He only seems to hang out with his friend who called him out just now. He’s kinda a scary too, but girls still adore him.

She recalled those words and yet she never she knew anything about him herself. As curious as she was, she didn’t bother to find out either. It wasn’t until a week later that she finally had and opinion of the silent blue-eyed boy.

A week later, on a Saturday, after she had arrived, Vivian and her friends were outside the garden, talking as always while at the same time they were doing their Geography homework. Vivian was silently doing hers as she knew most of the answers.

“Hey, Vivian,” Cindy suddenly said, “You sure are smart. You’ve already done most of the homework.”

Vivian slightly blushed at the compliment. “That’s just because they’re really easy.”

“Well, in that case,” Charlotte intervened, “Vivian, can I ask you for something and will you say yes?” Her eyes were twinkling.

“Uh, that depends on it what it is.”

“Will you let my copy your homework?” She said it in such an adorable manner that no could refuse her, except for her new-found friends perhaps.

“Um…”

“Hey!” Cindy interjected, “Don’t cheat off Vivian just because she’s smarter than us. We need to do this on our own.”

Vivian had a respect for Cindy’s words.

Cindy then turned towards Vivian and brought her face closer to her. She noticed that her eyes were also twinkling.

“Now Vivian,” she spoke in a hushed tone, “Let me copy your homework!”

“EH!?” Both girls stared at her dumbfounded. The respect Vivian had for her faded away.

“What about doing it on our own!?” Charlotte yelled angrily.

“I suck in Geography, okay?” The look she made seemed as if she was almost about to cry. “I finally found someone who’s good at it. I won’t let you take her away!”

She tightly hugged her.

“No one’s kidnapping her!”

“Vivian, we’re roomies. Help a roomy out!” Cindy started shaking her.

“Um, I won’t let you copy, but I can help you if you want!” Vivian confusingly said.

“Fine. So what’s the answer to this?” Cindy showed her text book which contained the questions. She had only down two, and the second one’s answer was wrong.

She explained the girls the answers to the question. They got the answers as the way she explained to them was easy to understand. Soon, they reached the question which she was on.

“You’re pretty good at explain things, Vivian,” Charlotte said.

“Thank you.”

Vivian looked at her own text book and stared the remaining questions. But when she looked at the question, she made a puzzled and worried face.

“Oh no, I don’t know this answer. Do you guys have the Geography book? The answer must be in there.”

“Sorry, but I lost mine,” Charlotte said.