Chapter 4

(A/N: I started writing other stories and ended up having writer's block for this one >-<, I'm soooo sowwy :/)

((Your POV))

*BANG BANG BANG*

"TIME FOR ALL THE MEDICS AND ASSISTANTS TO REPORT TO THE INFIRMARY!!"

I woke up to the sound of banging on my door. There was barely any light going into my room, it's probably around 5-6 a.m. I groaned and slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. I was still tired from last night but that's the life of being a nurse right?

I stretched for a long while before I got up and went to go change. Once I put my hair up, I went to go wash my face to help me stay awake. After some time I heard the bell ring, signaling that breakfast is being served.

Being a nurse here at HQ, I didn't have time to go eat breakfast with everyone else. First we would have to make sure the soldiers in the infirmary ate so they can take their medicine. After that was done then we could eat but by that time, the mess hall was almost empty.

I normally sat by myself, I never bothered to try and get along with the other people in the medical field. This is the military after all, we didn't come here to make friends, we came to help humanity. But I still couldn't help but feel lonely.

I looked around and saw everyone talking and laughing but I just can't act that way around others. I mean it would be nice to make some friends but I just have so much going on right now.

"Hello."

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a soldier came up to me with a tray at hand. She had messy brown hair tied back in a ponytail and glasses.

You- "O-oh, um...hi.."

"You're one of the new nurses yes?"

You- "Not really, I've been here a while already.."

"Really? Then how come I've never seen you before?"

You- "I don't know...I guess I'm just that good at ignoring people."

"Hahaha!! I see, so do you mind if I sit?"

You- "N-no, go ahead."

She happily sits across from me and starts eating her bread.

"So, what's your name?"

You- "Oh, I'm (y-y/n)."

"Nice to meet you (y/n)! I'm Hanji!"

Hanji? Isn't she the section commander for the scouts?

You- "I-Its nice to meet you too Section Commander."

Hange- "Oh there's no need for formalities (y/n), so what do you think of the Scout Regiment?"

You- "Its worse than I imagined...."

Hanji- "Oh, You have no idea! Alot goes on beyond the walls, you're just seeing the aftermath of it all!!"

Wow, this girl has alot of energy.

You- "I see...."

Hanji- "But it's all part of being a Scout, if you're not prepared to fight then of course you get killed..."

She just went from energetic to dark, what is this girl truly thinking right now?

You- "I-I can only imagine what the new trainees have to deal with he moment they decide to join."

Hanji- "Some of them don't have much of a choice."

You- "Huh?"

Hanji- "All the new recruits take a training course before officially joining, once completed the top 10 are presented, and only the top 10 can join the Military Police if they wanted."