Chapter 16

(Erwin's POV)

I woke up the moment the sun's rays hit my face. Damn it, if the sun is shining through my window then that must mean that I have overslept. I told myself I would only sleep for only an hour or 2, now its probably around 8-9 am. I sat up and stretched a bit before I got up to start my day. I had a such a hard time going to sleep last night, not because I was hiding for most of the night but because I couldn't stop thinking about last night.

What I had done was very unprofessional but I had no regrets on doing it. I kissed one of the infirmary assistants, and not just any, but one I used to call my sister. Was it wrong? Who knows, but I wouldn't be lying if I said I enjoyed every minute of it.

I can't recall the last time I've ever had feelings for another woman. There are times that I had admired other women, but usually I would just brush off that feeling because there was no room for romance in the Scout Legion. But for some odd reason I couldn't push those feelings aside when I had meet (Y/N) again.

Had I always loved her? Or was it because I've known her more than any other woman? Either way, I knew I couldn't continue this any further. Its too risky on my end and I would hate to be the reason for her depression once she realizes I never came back from an expedition. I just can't do that to her, she deserves to be happy, and I don't.

I stood up and began to place on my usual clothing. I placed on the harnesses once I had been clothed. Once that was done, I place on my bolo tie and my jacket. Taking a quick look in the mirror, I fixed my hair and straightened myself out a bit more before walking out the door. But the moment I opened the door, I was almost face to face with (Y/N).

Me- "(Y/N)?"

(Y/N)- "O-Oh! Good morning Erwin! I came by and saw you weren't awake..and its gotten pretty late so I brought you your breakfast."

Me- "(Y/N), you didn't have to-"

(Y/N)- "I wanted to, also the mess hall was going to close so I hurried and got you and myself some food before they do.."

I chuckled.

Me- "Surely that's not the ONLY reason you were here, yes?"

I saw her blush a bit before she turned her attention to her thumbs.

(Y/N)- "Well....I uh...I kind of um...wanted to talk to you about last night."

I knew this was going to happen.

Me- "Alright, what is it?"

(Y/N)- "Well um...last night you uh...told me that I was relieved of my duties....did...did you mean it?"

So that's what this is about?

Me- "I am afraid so, but I assure you I have a good explanation for it."

(Y/N)- "Wasn't it because of the journal? I saw it earlier and I couldn't believe how bad it looked. I guess I owe you an apology for ruining it."

She then walked over to my desk.

(Y/N)- "I did try to fix it though, its not perfect but it is alot better than when I found it."

I walked on over to my desk and saw that she did fix it.

Me- "I uh...don't know what to say really, you didn't have to fix this though."

(Y/N)- "Well I wanted to...and also if its okay with you, I'd like to help you wish the paperwork one last time before I leave."

I chuckled.

Me- "I very much appreciate the help (Y/N), but this paperwork will never be finished, no matter how far we get into this stack, its all part of my job."