Reminiscence

Mizuki's POV :

'Power. Power. Power is all I feel! These humans can -' I stopped that dark thought as I knew my internal timer began. Fear began to slither its way through my brain like snakes wrapping themselves around my head as they try to squeeze my consciousness away. This fear . . . this hopelessness. I can't allow its existence to continue on. This will only allow my weakness to grow within me .

My hands shook as my transformation felt complete and the audience's silence was an overbearing weight on my shoulders. This weight was the fear of losing control and . . .

What else?

There's something else, much more important.

Why is it escaping my mind? Yet it feels dear to my heart.

What is i-

Flashback (To before the exam started):

Today was the day. The Chunin exam and the final round as we fight our chosen opponent which mine happen to be Haru. Master allowed my body to rest the past few days by stopping training as we continued with meditation.

This morning happen to be like any other morning as I dressed into my outfit before heading towards the training room which was down stairs, next to the living room. Once there, I saw Master meditating by the open large window with his posture showing no reaction to my presence. Sitting before him, I constructed a few breathing exercises which slowly relaxed my body. Nothing in mind as I took in the warmth and comfort from which is my Master's aura- no presence- no instead his whole being. This very being who has saved me countless of times throughout my life as no 'Thank You' will show my true appreciation for this man. Master is my true support as he has seen me in my happiest to my deadliest to my times of sorrow. Though Haku is slowly fitting his way into that role due to being with me at all times, it doesn't stop the influence Master has over my being. His voice will always reach me whether I am conscious or not.

Lost in thought as time slowly passed by, I was brought back to reality as Haku gave us a small meal to eat. This happens often as we're so caught up with training, Haku has to drop off a meal for us or we wouldn't eat due to our forgetfulness. Thanking him for the meal, we ate in silence yet the atmosphere wasn't tense at all. The feeling could be described as a warm day, but it wasn't warm enough to leave without a sweater. Plates were placed upon a tray as Haku brought everything back to the kitchen to get washed.

The silence continued onwards, but this time our eyes were watching one another. Nothing gave away what he was feeling which worried me as I hoped he didn't see that in my expression. Looking at the clock which was on the wall to my left, I saw it was time for me to go.

I stood up as I gave him a small smile, then bowed and walked towards the doorway. As I was about to exit the room, a movement was heard behind me which I concluded as him standing up.

"Before you go, you must promise me something."

I turned around with a curious expression as I saw the seriousness in his. "Anything Master." He smiled at my authenticity as he walked closer to me.

The smile disappeared as fast as it came with him right in front of me. Looking up to allow eye contact, he opens his mouth once more to speak. "You must promise me that you won't lose control of your power. That you won't allow the darkness to overcome you as your sense of self disappears." Looking into his eyes, I saw something that I couldn't see beforehand.