Reminiscence pt.2

A bit of a warning: There is slight mature context in the chapter. But other than that, please enjoy the chapter!

Mizuki's POV:

Walking through the village with no place in mind, I simply continued to replay his statement over and over again.

'I guess what they say is true, there is no such thing as true happiness. After all, it'll always get taken away from you.' Looking up into the sky, I noticed that it was already dark as the sun is set. Ignoring the people's stares, I continued walking until a group of men blocked my path.

"What is it? What do you want? I don't have time to deal with you." I was surprised at the calmness of my voice and the confidence that sung through it. Wait, it's not confidence. I just don't care anymore. I hear the men talking between themselves as a few "It's definitely her" and "take" were said. Those words sent signals throughout my head as the next thing I'm doing is running with a group of men chasing me. Due to the time of day, many people were out yet too busy in their personal business to help a child. After running for about 15 minutes, I was surprised that the men were still keeping up with me as vision got slightly blurry.

'Oh yeah, I was so busy planning for Master's birthday that I forgot to eat.' Needing a place to hide right away, I ran into an alleyway before making the turn and hiding behind the trash.' I listened quietly as I noticed they weren't ninja and most likely bandits. Their voices were loud as they searched through the alleyway for me. Luckily they searched in the trash and not behind it as their voices got quieter and quieter until I was sure I was alone. Sighing in relief, I left my spot and turned to the opposite direction until I hit something hard.

"I knew you were there Wakahisa. I can sense your Chakra, now let's go since THEY want you after all." I was only able one thought as darkness consumed me.

'Dang it, they had a ninja with them. Please someone save me . . . Master . . .

Master's POV:

(After the flower incident. Still in Mizuki's flashback though she doesn't know what happens)

'So annoying and troublesome is what that pest is.' was the thought that circulated my mind after her thieving incident. My words were possibly harsh, but I didn't care. They were the truth. That day. That stupid day was an accident. I simply stumbled upon her kidnapping and decided to play hero for once.

Never again.

Now I have a brat trailing behind me constantly as she calls me Master. When I said "I'll take her off your hands", I didn't mean for long. I was just angry at the organization that wanted the brat. They are the ones who took everything from me as life seemed slow and pointless now.

After defeating the men, I turned to look at her and those eyes. Her eyes brought so much familiarity and emotions that it disgusted me. Yet before I know it, I offered her an apprenticeship and she accepts. I internally scolded myself as I trapped myself with a child for a while. My belief was that she would leave after seeing my personality or a family would take her in.

Neither happened. For the next 2 years, the brat and I traveled together as I barely trained her. We didn't even knew each other's last names as she told me her first name which was Mizuki and I gave her a shortened version of my first name: Ryo. My full name is a taboo as I only allowed her to call me by Master. She was never truly upset at the things I did or the places we went as complaints were rarely heard.