forty one

"Tom? Honey?"Nikki walked in her son's house with Harrison, she got no answer but Tessa barking so she spoke a little louder as she knocked on his bedroom door, "Tom?"

Hestia opened the door while holding her baby and Nikki's eyes widened in confusion, "Tia?"

"We talked,"She said looking at Nikki and Harrison, "He told me he was going to clear his head and think then be back- he uh- he didn't take it well."

"Didn't take it well as in?"Harrison spoke as they all walked to the living room.

"He kept yelling at me saying that I had no right and- and that he did everything he could to prove his love and- and- I don't know- he didn't say anything about Lucas."She shrugged and sat down on the couch.

"How long has he been out?"Harrison asked.

"I don't know, like three hours- maybe?"She spoke and shrugged.

The front door was opened and Tom came in, he raised his head to find both his mother and best friend with Hestia only to shake his head and speak, "We need to talk in private, Hestia."

"Okay."She nodded and got up, following him to the bedroom that was once hers, too.

"Look, I thought about everything and- and I want to be in his life- he's my son which means he's a part of me and that I should provide him with everything and anything he could need or want- but I- I can't do this- I can't do us, Hestia, I'm sorry, I'll be in his life but I can't get back to whatever we had after everything that happened- it's hard- and that doesn't mean I hate you- or that you're a bad person, either."He said looking in her eyes, "It just- it means that I can't have a relationship right now, and I'd prefer if we stay friends."

Hestia nodded without saying a word to cut him off before she spoke to finish the conversation after she put her hand out for him to shake, careful not to wake Lucas, and to hide the lump in her throat, but it was obvious she wasn't very happy with the thought of them being just friends when her voice cracked as she spoke, "Friends."

Tom shook her hand and nodded, basically feeling his heartstrings get pulled and cut suddenly when her touch left him.

"So- what- um, what exactly does he need? Like the necessities for a baby and stuff like that?"He asked awkwardly.

"I get everything he needs every two weeks there's no need for-"

"Hestia, just- please let me do this, okay? I'm doing it for my son."He sighed.

"You don't have to- I already get them, Tom."She shook her head, "He literally doesn't need anything."

"Hestia."He said sternly yet softly.

"Diapers and clothes are the only things you can get right now."

"Okay, so, lots of diapers and lots of clothes."He nodded.

"No, not lots of clothes, he grows really fast."She said rubbing Lucas' back.

"Okay then- stuff he can grow into and toys for when he's old enough."He shrugged.

"Yeah,"Hestia nodded then looked at Lucas then back at Tom, "I- Can you hold him? I kind of have to pee."

"Y- yeah."Tom nodded stuttering as she put the baby in his arms, he was just staring as Hestia went to the bathroom and locked the door, he was whiplashed and in absolute love with his son.

His son.

He couldn't believe that he had a son, but as Lucas opened his eyes again and looked around before his eyes landed on his father, he gave him a small smile making Tom's heart melt.

"Hey, little guy."Tom spoke with a ridiculously high pitched voice making Lucas giggle, "I'm your dad, and- and I love you so much already."

Hestia heard the words as she washed her hands but she just stood behind the bathroom, she couldn't get out and take that moment away from him.

"You were made out of pure love, Lucas, and you have no idea how much I love your mother, and I know that as you grow you won't see us together but- but just know that I've loved her more than anything when you were made and when she was mine, I still do. But people make mistakes and your mother- she hurt me and- and she apologized too late for her actions. But I forgave her and- I'm gonna push the love I feel for her aside and I'm gonna help her raise you, I'm going to do everything in my will to make you live the best life anyone could ever ask for. I promise."

Hestia came out after he was done and cleared her throat, "I'm gonna have to take him home, now, it's getting late."

"Can't you both stay? It's my first time seeing him and- and I just-"

"I understand, but I have to work tomorrow early and I take him to work anyway so you won't even he awake when I go so I can't really leave him and he doesn't even have a crib here- wait you can come stay at mine, you can stay in my room with him and I'll stay in the guest room, so I don't disturb you or wake you up when I go to work."