I've Decided To Marry You - Gentleman's Guide - Monty x Reader

A/N - There will be more songs turned into stories in the future. I'm a bit too stressed and busy to come up with several original stories at once.

You run excitedly to see Monty Navarro. You have something you need to tell him. You burst into the parlour to see him.

"Mr. Navarro, forgive my intrusion. I needed to see you, and see you today! Mr. Navarro, I have arrived at a stunning conclusion. And I feared I would lose my resolve if I didn't come here directly to say," Monty turns around to see you standing right next to him, "I've decided to marry you."

He looks even more confused than before.

"I've decided though Henry's gone that life goes on for me. I have thoroughly thought it through, and the man that I want is you. Thought it is true there are quite a few who'd strongly disagree," you say, "nonetheless I will marry you. I confess that I'm frightened to. But unless I am wrong you long for love as much as I. This is quite unconventional, I admit, but why should that matter a whit? And if you do not say yes at one, I think I'll die."
"Miss D'ysquith, you've rendered me speechless. May I call you (Y/N)?" Monty asks. You nod. Monty pours you both a drink and invites you to sit down.

"I'll be warned not to marry you. I'll be scorned if I marry you. Still I've decided to live my life again. Who'd believe how my life has turned. After grieving I've quickly learned there is nothing can bend the will like half-Castilian men! And there's goodness to spare in you. And a gentleness there in you. You have taken a wounded bird and taught her how to fly! This is quite unconventional, is it not? Rather a turn in the plot. And so will I be your fiancée?" you ask.
"(Y/N), darling-" Monty starts. Suddenly, you hear a crash from the next room.

"What was that?" you ask, startled.
"What was what?" Monty replies.
"That sound. Is someone here?" you ask.
"Oh, pay no attention, that's...my new manservant, he's just...finding his way around. I'll be with you in a moment...Wadsworth," Monty leaves the room and shuts the door behind him. You take a drink and look around the room for a while before Monty comes back.

"How happy I'd be to be at your disposal! My darling, of course, I accept your proposal," he holds out his hand and you take it as you stand up.
"Now we should kiss," you say.
"That would be bliss,"Monty replies.
"Darling, but first I'll say this. I've decided to marry you," you say, excitedly.
"(Y/N)," Monty says.
"Let the trumpeter call, a wall will fall and set me free," you say, "I've decided to marry you."
"I'd be honoured to marry you. I will marry you (Y/N)," Monty says.
"Monty," he runs out the room to try and close the door to the bedroom and hold it shut as he closes the door to the parlour. You run to the door.
"Monty," you say. You start pulling on the door. He lets it go and you fall back into the chair. He looks into the room and at you.
"I'm grateful indeed for your gracious bestowment," he turns to the other room, "yes, Wadsworth, I told you, I'll be JUST A MOMENT!"
"Now, Monty dear, I think I now should go," you say, confused at what is going on.
"Oh, Monty says, slightly disappointed.
"But I still want to marry you. I've decided to marry you. How I'm longing to marry you," you say.
"Yes, I'm delighted to marry you. A shame you must go," Monty says. You place a quick kiss on his lips and run off, happy that you will marry him soon.