Chapter 6

New

Andrew's POV

After having breakfast with Elizabeth we drove to my house. She stopped in front of the house and looked at me.

"Last night was fun. We should do it again." She said with a smile.

"Which part?" I grinned.

"Oh shut up." She looked away smiling. "Call me if you're celebrating or want to do something. It shouldn't go to waste."

"For sure. I'll text you later, bye." I surprised myself and her by leaning in and kissing on her cheek then getting out of the car.

I was glad today's weather wasn't as crazy. It was a bit warmer than usual for this time of year and it was fine with me. I still had a bit of a hangover so the fresh air felt good.

When Elizabeth drove off, I headed inside. I walked to the couch in the middle of the living room and let my body fall onto it.

"Andrew why didn't you call me if you weren't coming home?" My aunt Katy scolded me.

"I'm sorry, I totally forgot. I was going to tell Marie to call you but I forgot. I'm sorry." I said with my eyes closed.

"You know how I feel when you don't let me know these stuff. I get anxious. I could barely sleep last night." I could hear the worry in her voice.

I opened my eyes and saw the worried look on her face. "I'm okay, I'm sorry it won't happen again." I sat up. "I'm sorry." Apologizing for the thousandth time.

"It's alright. Let me know next time okay?" She patted my shoulder.

My aunt and I have a strong relationship. After my mom died, she became like my own mother and I became the son she never had. But the things I've done in the past ruined the complete trust she had in me. I betrayed her and for that I am sorry.

"How's uncle Phil?"

"He's fine, he went to work earlier today. He said he might stay late since he left early yesterday." She smiled and turned on the TV as she sat next to me.

I stayed silent for awhile. "My father called today." I played with my fingers.

"I know." She said and grabbed my hand.

"I'm not ready for this." I said softly glancing down to the floor.

"I know honey."

"It just feels too soon.."

•••

I spent most of the afternoon just watching TV with Aunt Katy. We hadn't done it in a long time. Every time I was troubled she would sit with me and watch TV. She wouldn't push, she wouldn't ask, she would just sit there until I was ready to talk.

My father coming back into my life is not what I need right now. I know that I should be happy that he finally wants a relationship with me, it's what I've always wanted, to have the love of my father. Though my Uncle Phil has always been there for me it was never the same; him coming back into my life brings back old memories. The bad choices that I've made myself were not for the best of me and for the people I love. I don't want to loose myself again. I don't want to go back to the dark places where I am haunted for everything that I did.

...

I had just came out of the shower and I sat on my bed thinking about what's going to happen or what could happen if I let my father into my life.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Marie.

"Drew, what's up babe?"

"Hey, um what are you up too?"

"Nothing I'm just here with Ruby in my room, why?"

"Do you have plans tonight?" I stood up from my bed and started pacing.

"No but I'm guessing I do now. What's wrong?"

"I'll pick you up at 5:30?"

"Wait what time is it.." I heard her complain in the background. "I'll never be ready by then, it's 4:46." She complained.

"You'll be fine, I love you." I kissed her through the phone and hanged up.

I grabbed my jacket on the chair next to my bed and went up the stairs. When I reached the living room I looked around for my aunt but I didn't see her anywhere.

"Aunt Katy?" I half yelled.

"Coming." I heard her from upstairs.

I sat on the couch and laid my head back I stayed there. The time seemed to stop for a just a moment and I wished it never had ended.

"What's wrong? I was taking an important phone call. What happened?" She sniffled and I stood up.

"Everything alright?" I stood up and looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah, of course. Why did you need me?" She smiled.

"Oh uh, I'm leaving. I'm going to pick up Marie in a few." I said as I checked the time in my phone.

"Don't stay out. Back before midnight and I mean it." She said serious now.

I smiled. "I will. Have you seen my keys?" I looked around.

"They're at the front door." She pointed.

"Of course they are. Alright I'll see you later." I kissed her goodbye and walked outside.

...

Going to Madison Square park was a Marie & I thing. When my mother died that's where we would go to be alone, get away from everyone and escape from our problems and just enjoy the Manhattan breeze. Even through high school we would go there, specially in the winter because not much people were there.

"I still feel like I should try it." I said walking through the park with Marie next to me.

"Not necessarily, he could've have been with you a long time ago. Enjoying everything and none of this would be happening" I felt her eyes on me. "Andrew you don't have to feel like you owe anything to that man."

"I know, but.." I trailed off.

"I'm not against it. Whatever you do, know I'm here for you." She paused. "Unfortunately." She teased and we chuckled.

"In all seriousness though. I'm here for you." She wrapped her arm around mine hugging it.

"I know." I said almost inaudible.

"I don't like seeing you like this Andrew." We sat on a wooden bench. "You're my bestfriend and.." She let out a heavy sigh. "You've been through enough. Going back to your old days isn't an option. Okay? Don't go there again."

"Yeah." I looked up at the sky. It was dark already and the stars were shinning bright.

I changed the subject. "Remember that day when we were in fifth grade and we ditched school to go hangout with your sister and her friends just to be cool?" I started laughing. "We got on the bus to meet them at that old amusement park and we got lost." We were both laughing now.

"Oh shut up, it was your fault." She chuckled. "Fifth grade was awesome. Even though we got in trouble a lot. It was just fun."

"Yeah." I said way too low.

•••

Elizabeth POV

"You're being stupid. Be realistic, it's not going to happen." Faye yelled from my bedroom door.

"Since when do you decide what I do? Just don't. I'm not that little girl everyone pushed around when and how they wanted." I grabbed my boots and jacket then I walked through her out the room.

"There's a time and a place for everything Elly. You can't just do anything you want just because you feel like it." She said calm now.

"I'm sorry but nothing that you say will change my mind." I made my way to leave the apartment.

"Me listening and doing what you and dad want is not happening. Those days are long gone."

"Fine, do whatever you want but don't come back here asking for help." She yelled as I slammed the door.