Chapter 13

Thank you so much for reading. I uploaded a new trailer for the story check my bio! Please vote, comment and share! :)xx

Andrew's POV

Its Saturday along with a week of my father being in town, I've gotten lucky enough to avoid him. I made a deal with my uncle so I could know when he was coming over and when he did I'd flee. I know that it's immature what I'm doing, but I don't want to hear anything that he has to say; it sickness me. Instead of filling my head with negative thoughts I've been visiting Elizabeth more often. Every time I have to leave the house I go to her place, we've spent almost the whole week together and I love it.

Tonight we're going to a restaurant with Fay and a guy she's dating. "What's the dude's name?" I ask Elizabeth as I adjust my tie. "His name is Ethan." She says putting on her shoes. "Do you know him?" I say looking at her. She looks so pretty. "Not really, he's been over a few times but nothing serious." She says while closing a drawer then opening another one.

"What's wrong?" I say, but she doesn't hear me instead she keeps looking around. "Hey, what are you looking for?" I say but again she ignores me.

"Elizabeth!" I say loud enough to get her attention. "What?" She looks at me with frustration. "What are you looking for?" I say and she sighs. "My earrings, I don't like these. They make my face look weird." I laugh. "It's not funny. We're leaving soon and I have no clue where they can be." I walk to her and grab her left hand pulling it close to my lips then kissing it. "You look beautiful." She smiles and I do the same. "Plus, I think you look extremely hot right," I say cheekily wrapping my arms around her waist bringing her closer to me. "Well, I think you look very handsome." She says and I lean in for a kiss. Our lips touch and I'm in heaven. The gods above celebrate but it's short lived when Fay interrupts us. "Hurry up, we have to go. Ethan is already at Daniel's."

. . .

We finally arrive at the restaurant after a bit of heavy traffic. We park across the street and make our way inside. I walk beside Elizabeth holding her hand and I'm glad to be here with her. We reach the reservation podium and I don't realize I'm staring into until I feel a soft nudge. "What?" I whisper. "You're staring. Is something wrong?" Says Elizabeth and I smile. "No. you're fine," I say biting my lower lip trying to hold my laughter, she's so insecure sometimes and it's dim-witted. She's one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen.

After a few seconds, we're escorted to our table where we see Ethan. "Hi." Fay squeals and runs to kiss him. Elizabeth and I sit across from them awkwardly until they're finished. "Babe, this is Elizabeth my sister and Andrew her..." Fay and I stand up to shake his hand stopping her from finishing her sentence. "Nice to meet you," I say shaking his hand.

An hour goes by and we're starting to know Ethan better. He's 21 and was born in Miami but moved around a lot as a kid. Most of his life he was sent away to boarding with his brothers to England and so on. "How long have you guys been together?" Ethan asks and I immediately look down at my food. "Um..." I hear Elizabeth struggle and I can't help but chuckle. I look up to see Fay grinning from ear to ear and I can tell she put him up to this. "They're not official yet." Says Fay and I smile at her. "Oh, I'm sorry." Ethan apologizes. "It's alright man, no worries," I say then take a spoon full of the food in front of me. When I look up my heart drops and I choke a little on my food and start coughing. "Oh my god, are you okay?" Elizabeth says handing me a glass of water. "I'm fine."

"What's wrong?" She says and I delay the answer by drinking water until can't anymore. Looks like Manhattan isn't big enough for the both of us. "It's my father." I try to keep my calm hoping he hasn't seen me yet. "Where is he?" Says Fay then turns around. "Is he the one standing?" She says and I nod. I really hope he doesn't see me I think to myself when I see Fay waving to him. "Fay no! What are you doing?" I rebuke, but it's too late. I look over to Elizabeth and she wears a worried look.

"Andrew! What a surprise to see you here. ...Who are you friends?" I sigh and introduce everyone. "Have you already found a table?" Fay asks my Marcus and I would say she's trying to annoy me purposely if I didn't know any better. "I'm sure he has and is," I say clearing my throat. "Actually, I haven't. I was supposed to have a meeting here, but it was canceled." He says with a slight frown. "How unfortunate, well nice of you to stop by. Drive safe." I smile wryly.

"There's an empty chair if would you like to join us?" I hear Ethan say and I like knocking his teeth out. "Oh, I wouldn't want to be a burden." I let out a weak laugh. "Oh, just a little," I say and feel everyone's eyes on me and. "Nonsense..." Fay smiles. "Please sit with us, Ethan please pull that chair closer."

I sit in silence avoiding any eye contact with my father possible and luckily for me Ethan is helping me by keeping him busy. They talk about business and traveling, something I wouldn't know about. I lay back trying my best not to seem so bored and pull out my phone.

"Can we leave? :( " I send a text Elizabeth. I slightly glance at her waiting for her to receive my message. When she checks her phone, she gives me a confused look and smile. "Not yet. I promised this dinner to Fay." I read her reply.

"So I'm sure you and Andrew have a strong relationship?" I hear Ethan say and I exhale making all eyes once again focus on me. "What?" Is all I manage to say. "Our relationship is complicated." Says Marcus and I situp on my chair then cross my arms. "I don't think complicated, is the right term." I sarcastically smile. "What do you mean?" Ethan asks. "It's difficult to explain." Answers Marcus, "No, it's not... It's very simple." I say with a wry frown and I catch a death stare from Marcus and frankly I couldn't care less. "You see when I was young, very young when I had just started to what; learn my colors Mr. Awesome here abandoned me and my mother." I smile ironically. "Andrew..." Elizabeth warns. "No, it's," I say and hear Marcus sigh. "He abandons us and now 13-14 years later he comes here thinking that he can magically fix it." I set my elbows on the table glancing between Ethan and Marcus. "That doesn't sound complicated or difficult does it?" I say then leave the table. "Andrew come back here!" I hear Marcus yell from behind me and it infuriates me. "Go to hell." I yell and make my way out of the restaurant.

I exit the restaurant and cross the street when I realize I don't have my car. "Fuck!" I yell out and run my hands through my hair. "Andrew,"