Chapter 12

Thank you so much for reading Unknown. Everything is going to get more interesting so stay tune! Also vote and comment please. x(:

~~~

Andrew's POV

I say goodbye to Elizabeth and look at my father who is standing in front of me. I turn on my heels and call for my aunt. "Aunt Katie, you have a visitor." I yell out. "You can sit there while you wait." I point out to the sofa in the living room. He walks in and all I hear is his shoes on the wooden floor.

"Actually I came to see you." I look at him blankly. "Well, how unfortunate because I have some stuff to do." I hear him sigh but I ignore him and put on my shoes. I pass by him and it's enough contact for the year. "Marcus!" I hear my uncle call from behind me. This is going to be great. I can already taste the drama and I don't be here when it breaks out. "Philip, it's nice to see you again." I watch them shake hands and for just a moment I wonder how it was back then, when everything was fine and my mother was still here.

"Oh man, you don't seem age." Marcus says to my uncle. "Thank you and I feel twenty as well." Says my uncle and they laugh. I roll my eyes and clear my throat interrupting them. "Uncle, I'm going to get my car down in Brooklyn. Tell Aunt Katy I'll be back later." I say and he nods. "What time are you going to get back?" Marcus asks and I almost don't answer. "I don't know late maybe..." I say while putting on my jacket.

I pick up my keys and walk to the door. "I thought maybe we could talk?" I hear him say and I chuckle dryly. "Don't sleep on it." I say and at the same time as I close the door I hear my uncle say "Give it time." And he's never been more wrong. To me Marcus Smith is no one.

. . .

Katy's POV

I hope that I'm doing the right decision with this. I think to myself, I know that neither Andrew nor Phil would forgive me.

"Now, what are you terms?" I look blankly at my nephew's father. "I'll loan you the money that you need and you pay me within the date arranged. Two months." He clasps his hands on the table. "Marcus, that's outrages. Two months are not enough time and you know it." I don't know if I can come through this. Not with that short amount of time. "What if I fail to comply?"

"Well then its simple, you lose your house and the café." I sigh. I can't believe I'm doing this but I have no other option. I have to do this for Phil. There's no other way.

Andrew's POV

I park in front of the house but don't get off. I turn off the car and just sit there. I try to focus on the good things that are in my life. Everything is a bit messed up but I shouldn't fog out the good. My mom once told me that life should be spent smiling instead of frowning. But these days it's hard to even wake up. I miss her, I miss her so much. Ten years haven't been enough for me.

My eyes feel heavy so I close them and lay back.

"Andrew this is the lady doctor's office. You can't touch that." "Why?" She grabs my arm and guides me to a chair next to her. "You're not supposed to touch it because it's not yours." I frown a little. "But she wouldn't mind sharing would she?" I smile. "I don't know if she would. Maybe you should ask her but until then don't touch anything okay?" I nod and she smiles so I do the same.

I force myself to wake up and when I do my eyes are wet. Every night I think of her and how it would be if she was still here. A lot of the things that are happening wouldn't be happening, everything would be easier. I would happy and not miss her so much like I do now.

I lock my car and walk to the front door so that I don't have to beat myself up with all the thinking. It's 9:45PM so I hope that Marcus isn't there. I can't believe I spent three hours out of the house trying to avoid him.

I open and close the front door and I see my uncle. "Where's Aunt Katy?" I look around for her but I don't see her. "She went out for dinner with your father." I bite my lower lip and nod.

"What are you watching?" He gives me a confused look. "The TV, what are you watching." I point out then put my hands in my pockets. He arches his eyebrows and chuckles. "It's the game boy; you haven't gone blind have you?"

"No, I haven't." I smile. "C'mon, sit down and watch it with me." He pats the seat next to him. As I sit I think about how to apologize because right now, I have no idea how.

"Hey, uncle about what happened. I'm"

"Its okay son, don't worry about." I sigh with relief at the sound of his words.

• • •

I watched TV with my uncle until around midnight then went to my room. My aunt arrived home shortly after I did and seemed uncomfortable. Uncle Phil tried asking her about it but she said that she just needed some sleep so I gave no mind to it.

It's 6:40AM and I have a shift today at my uncle's shop until 1 o'clock in the afternoon so I'm getting ready to leave soon.

I sit at the dining room scrolling through my phone when my aunt walks in.

"Good morning Aunt Katy." I smile at her and so does she. "Are you feeling better today?" I ask her. "I'm fine." She waves me off. "You don't look fine. You still have your robe on and your hair looks a mess." She glares at me and I chuckle. "Oh shut up, and are you drinking coffee?" She looks back at the coffee machine behind her. "Yeah, it's good. I made some before going in the shower." I say then take a sip. "Looks like you need it too..." I mumble. "Andrew, don't you have somewhere to be? Oh yes, that's right you do." I laugh but she's right. "Alright, I'll see you later." I get up and kiss her forehead then start walking towards the front door."

"Before you go..." She struggles with her words and I already know what she's going to say. "No, I'm not going to talk to my father. We've been over this." She sighs and I ignore it. She couldn't have possibly expected me to actually talk to him. I don't care for him. "I don't Andrew... I think you should just give it a try. What can go wrong with trying?" I look at her blankly and roll my eyes because I know she's right but he doesn't deserve it. His choice was made clear 14 years ago. "Last night at dinner he said he will talk to you." I hear my aunt say as I reach the door and if it's true, what's coming won't casual walk in the park..