Chapter 16

Special deditcation to bieberx1994 for the comment. Thank you!!

The story is almost at 1k reads! Thank you so much to anyone who reads this :) Remember to vote & share.xx

~~

Andrew's POV

"You don't know?" Ryan laughs and I toss a throw pillow at him. We're at my house and he has been talking to me about Elizabeth for hours now. I've tried changing the subject, but it all comes back to her. "Okay, okay. So, are you guys like fuck buddies?" I shake my head with a half smile. "I have no idea where we stand to be honest." He chuckles. "Do you like her?" I nod, I feel good when I'm with Elizabeth. She makes my day better every time I hear her voice. It's come to a point where I can't sleep without hearing her voice. "Yeah and I know we only met recently but I want you to meet her. You'll understand why, she has this way..." I laugh to myself just thinking about her. "When she's upset her lower lip curls into a pout without any intent, sometimes she smiles so hard that the side of her eyes wrinkles. She's funny, humble, kind, even bitchy, but it's so sexy." We laugh. "Let's just watch TV."

A few hours go and Ryan and I are starving. We tried using the kitchen, but neither of us can cook so we're driving to get some pizza. "Marie mentioned that your dad was in town?" Ryan asks with an unsure tone. "Yeah, he is," I say flatly. "How are you dealing with that?" I look out window, "I don't mean to pry but..." I slowly listen to his somewhat panicked words and smile. "Its okay man, you're one of my best friends." I glance and him then back the night sky, it's full of stars. They look so peaceful I almost wish I could join them. "But to answer your question, I'm alright. I try to avoid him as much as possible."
"So you haven't talked to him?" I sigh as the memories flow into my mind of the night Fay invited him over. "Nope, and I don't plan on doing it." He nods; for once someone is not trying to convince me to give my father a chance. Marie and Elizabeth were the only ones who respected that. My aunt and uncle for some reason don't understand.

...

I look at my phone for what seems like the hundredth time. I haven't received a single text or call from Elizabeth today. I try to call her, but it goes to voice mail.

'Hey, is everything okay?' I text her. I wait for her to read it but nothing. Maybe her phone is off.

Elizabeth's POV

"What I'm suppose to do?" I sigh. "There isn't much you can do. Do what he asked Elizabeth." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. My easiest way out is to convince Andrew but I don't want to get between his father and him, it isn't my place. He's let me in without regard and I don't want to lose that, I don't want to ruin it. "You're going to do it right?" I don't respond. "You have to convince him Ellie, you have to. If anyone finds out we're done. I risked myself for you once, I'm not doing it again." She leaves my room slamming the door. I wrap my arms around my knees and sit in silence. Everything goes quiet until my phone rings, I grab it from my nightstand next to me and it's Andrew.

'Hey, is everything okay?' I read. I gestate whether replying until I just throw it on my bed.

Fay is right, if I don't do this my life in New York is over for all I know.

I can still remember the day I arrived like it was yesterday. My first time out in the streets, it was so hot I thought I would pass out. The first thing I did was visit Lady Liberty. That's where I met Aleah, she's like my best friend and I don't want to lose her. I can't lose the life I've built here but I don't want to give up Andrew.

'Everything's fine, how are you?' I reply anxiously.
'I'm good. Spent the night with Ryan.'
'How was it?'
'It was fun, how was your day?' my heart skips a beat.
'Nothing unusual' I send with a smiling emoji.
'I haven't heard from you all day. Did I do something to upset you?' I take a deep breath. I don't know if I can lie to him.

I leave my phone in my room and follow Fay to the living room. She's watching Grey's Anatomy and I sit next to her. "I'm sorry about what I said earlier." She apologizes. "It's okay, I know you mean well." I smile, "Did you tell him?" I shake my head and she sighs. "Why Ellie?"
"I like him Fay, I feel like everything in my life is perfect when I'm with him. Haven't you noticed we don't fight anymore, how I'm not angry anymore? I actually smile without having to force it." She rolls her eyes then pulls me close to her and hugs me. "You're in deep little sister." She slowly runs her hands through my hair. "I know," I whisper.

Andrew's POV.

It's 2:24AM and I start to fall asleep waiting for Elizabeth's reply. I begin to lose consciousness and I feel like I'm slowly sinking underwater. It consumes me and I'm at ease. I open my eyes and I'm standing in the middle of a meadow. The grass is tall up to my knees and the sun is shining bright warming up my skin. I start to walk when I hear someone say my name.

"Andrew," I turn around to see a thin women with long thick hair. She wears a familiar smile with a long dress, it's my mom. "M-mom..." I stutter and she extends her hand to me, I grab it and smile. "You're so grown up." She smiles at me, "Yes, it's been a long time." She nods, "Indeed it has and I've seen every step of it."

"Mom... I've missed you much." Tears start to run down my cheeks. "I know baby but you have to be strong." I shake my head, " I don't think I can any longer."
"Yes you can Andrew, I believe in you." She gives me a warm smile, " A lot of things are going to happen. Life is going to throw you around and you're going to hurt but that's alright." She wipes my tears away slowly. "You have to promise me that you'll be strong okay?" I nod, "Why haven't you given your father a chance?" she asks and I look down at the floor. "He doesn't deserve it." I spit out. "You can't live with hate Andrew, you have to let go of the anger," she says softly. "I can't."

"What happened to the loving young boy I use to know." My eyes start to fill again, "That kid died along with you." She doesn't say anything, instead she shakes her head. "I know he's still there, you're just angry. Marcus is a good man don't blame him." She smiles and the warmth of her hands is no longer there. "Your hands are cold." She nods. "I know baby, I have to go." I shake my head. "No, please don't leave. Don't leave me." She smiles and nods, "I've never left you. I'm always there with you." I shake my head once again. "Close your eyes,"She softly says. I close my eyes and tears start to fall, her hands slowly fade away from mine until I can't feel them anymore.

I open my eyes and I'm back in my room. "Don't leave me again, please,"