Chapter 4

Dani sat there in her living room as today was her day off. She was drinking some energy drink as her mother slept.
    Dani didn't know what to do know that she knew a turtle was getting tortured in the place where she worked. She knew she could not just ignore it and act like nothing is happening when she knew she could probably help the turtle and get him free.
     She closed her eyes and signed as she remembered what he looked like all bloody and beaten up as he also would not eat.  She knew he was not eating since he looked way too skinny for even being a human-shaped turtle.
     " Danielle..." she heard her mom calling as she stood up and went over as she saw her mom laying there as she looked so tired. " When do I work again today?"
     Dani smiled at her mom and sat by her as she moved her mom's hair away from her face. " You don't work anymore mom. Remember I work for us know."
    Her mom looked unhappy as she sat up and looked at Dani. " You are not of age to work Danielle..."
     She only smiled at her mom and got her to lay back down as she fell back to sleep. Dani went over to the living room and laid on the couch as she signed. ' I can't be thinking about helping a turtle... I have my mom yo help...'
     She tried to think of all the reasons to not help the turtle but none would work as one thing always seemed right than the other ideas. ' I'm just trying to ignore the turtle...'

~ ~ ~
    The next day she was walking in her work but she saw no one where the door as she decided to go over there fast before anyone noticed her and opened it then closing as she saw the place was darker. She walked in slowly and seeing the room he was in before was empty.
     Sos he went over to the cellars and soon to see the turtle laying to the ground as she went to the bars and got her hands on them. " hey!"
      Ad she yelled that he didn't answer or even move as she looked around to see if she could find another way in. So when she could not find a way to open the door she started to get thru the bars.
    She squeezed her way over till she then got in and fall to the ground as she looked at the turtle and ran over getting to her knees as she turned him around seeing him badly wounded.
     So she got his head to her lap and got the little water container she had as she started to slowly pour the water in his mouth. She still was not moving while she then placed the water down and laid him down as she started to do CPR as best as she could.
     When she was doing the CPR for a few minutes she thought it was too late when then he coughed and laid to his side as he grabbed his chest. " What happened to you!"
     He took a ninety and then looked at her as he laid back on his back. " I was placed in here and... Went to sleep..."
    He then looked at her as he got a hand not his face while she looked like she was worried and scared making him surprised at her actions for even saving him like this. So he then closed both his eyes and said to her as he laid there. " Raph..."
     "What?" she asks as she looked at him as he said again this time looking right at her as she all of a suddenly blushed for some odd reason. " My name is Raph..."
    She shook her head to get rid if the blushing on her face and helped Raph them sit up. " Please take it easy Raph. "
    He sat up and looked at her as he rudder her plastron a few seconds to get the pain to go away and then started to and getting a little wobbly. Dina went up with him and helped him to get where he was going to reaching down to the ground while she then noticed what he was grabbing the thing she had her lunch in as he then stood up. " This is yours."
     She grabbed it and opened to see that Raph did open it as it was empty while she then heard Raph say. " I don't know what you would give me your food... But thank you, Dani..."
     She could not help but smile at his kind words while she then came to him and said before she struggled to get thru the bars again. " I will be more food and cleaning supplies from your beatings. "
    Once she got thru she started to fall again but this time she felt a hand grab her arm as she landed on her feet and looked at Raph that was holding her up. " Be safe... On not getting caught..."
  Dani nodded her head and started off ad Raph then went and sat back down while he saw the water container as he grabbed it and started to drink the treat though it was branching his thrifts it was still not enough to make him want more water to drink.
     He then leaned his back shell against the wall and closed his eyes while he heard a few footsteps above him as he was imagining it was Dani there.