Chapter 5

While the days turned into weeks Dani would always go over to Raph every time it was her lunch. He would most of the time be in that room where they're torcher him.
    She would try to get Raph to tell her why he was down here in the first place. But every time she would bring that up he would just ignore her questions with his that he always asked. " Why do you keep coming here? Once they see who is helping me they will kill you without hesitation..."
    She looked to him as she was seeing him always badly hurt as she then spoke saying to him. " You are alone down here... And I feel that I can help you."
    " Why? I'm a mutant turtle... I can't just walk out of this place not being noticed..." Raph said looking at him as she got a hand on his arm as she as out of the bars while he has his back shell leaned on the bar of the cellar not facing her.
    He looked slightly at her as she then spoke to him calmly. " There is always a way. We just need to think."
    They stayed silent when he then signed and closed his eyes getting her hand in his as he then placed her hand down. " I need to rest... And your lunch is almost over."
     Raph laid down to the ground as Dani watched him for a while as she gathered her lunch stuff and then headed ba back to her desk in secret to not have anyone find her.

~ ~ ~
    The rest of the day Dani just could not help but wish she could help more. She needed to get Raph out of there before it was too late to save him.
      She could feel that Raph was slowly giving up that he had no future to hold onto for himself. She felt sorry that he was feeling that kind of pain.
     Dani was standing there in the elevator looking at her hand that touched Raph's arm as she looked at him holding back her sadness of him. Once the elevator doors opened she was about to step out when then she got pushed back in fast as she made a slight yell while her back got pinned to the wall of the elevator.
    She was stacked keeping her eyes closed thinking she was finally caught at seeing Raph secretly. But once she got the courage to open her eyes she then saw it was her boss, Mr. Sake.
    Her eyes widened with fear as she looked into the man's burnt face while he eyes kept right on mine.
     " I need a word with you." as Sake said that with his flight deep voice her legs then started to shake struggling to keep herself up. " did I... Do something, the wrong sir?"
    She could tell from her own voice that she was scared while she hoped he was not noticing her tone of fear. " No, I wanted to ask you about a promotion."
    When she heard that she let out a sigh of release as she looked at home still with confused eyes. " A promotion?"
    " yes. We are needing a few employees that are willing to work longer and do more important research here. And I was informed that you are very well trained in computers and writing papers." Sake continued on as Dani was thinking still looking at Sake as if listening to his words. ' if I work long nights... Then I could probably get Raph out of here since there is nearly anyone that will be around!'
     Sake was still talking to her as she then just yelled out excited as well as getting her hands in fists a little out to her front. " Yes! I will take your offer, Mr. Sake!"
   She blinks a few times but then put on a slight smile as he placed a hand on her head as she draws a blank as they do so while he said to her. " just call me Sake."
    When the elevator door opened he then walked out as she watched him leave. As the door was then closing and she was alone again her legs then had her fall to the ground and her heart racing as she grabbed her shirt. ' what was that! Was Mr. Sake trying to him nicer or... No. no! If he says to call him by his first name it means he wants to get close to me! Aahhhh!'

~ ~ ~
    Dani was in the living room with her mother eating and watching tv. Dani got them some Asian food on the way home as she was slowly eating it as her mother put on the news since it's all she ever wanted to watch.
     Dani's hand looked at her food not feeling the need to eat since Raph was probably getting tortured again as well as not eating. She placed her plate of food on her lap as she looked down gelding useless at helping her friend.
     " What is wrong Dani?" she heard her mother say as she lifted her head up and looked at her mother as she was smiling at her. Dani could not help but start to have tears fall as she saw her mother get her in a hug. " Dani, you can tell me what is bothering you?"
     She closed her eyes and hugged her mother till she then spoke hiring her face. " There is a man... He is getting beaten and not getting any food or water... I want to help him but... How... How can I help him when others will kill him and me..."
    Her mother rubbed her back gently and slowly as she said to her. " if you feel you must save Jim then do not hesitate Dani."
    Dani looked at her mother with a confused look as well as tears still falling but her mother whipped Danis tears saying more to her daughter. " he is important to you to save and help him then help him any way you can. I will help if I must. Just don't stop listing to what your heart says or you too will get hurt from hiring what you really feel. "
     Dani didn't know what to say since this was the first time in months that her mother actually spoke on the same subject for more than a second. She then put on a serious face and nods her head. " Thank you, mom. "