Chapter 8

Raph took a few hours but he soon found her place and opened her window to her room as he climbed in. But as he got them in he could not hold it anymore and they both fell to the ground.
    He looked at Dani as she looked horrible from the gunshot but he got his hand to move as he said to her before passing out and his hand not able to reach her. " I'm... Sorry..."

~ ~ ~
     Dani was walking up while her eyes were looking at the ceiling to her room. She placed a hand on her face as she tried to remember what happened when she remembered she was getting Raph out of the building when she felt a sharp hot pain to her chest and fainted.
     She sat up fast but once she did her chest hurt badly as she grabbed her chest and yelled in the pain while she laid back down to her side holding her chest as tears fall. Her door busted open as she was expecting her mother to come and see if Dani was okay but she heard a defiant worried voice. " Dani, you okay?"
     She turns face to see Raph there as he was already looking better while she had her eyes water more and got her arms around his neck pulling his face to her chest hugging him. "You're okay! I thought I failed you Raph!"
      Raph blushed at his face being to her chest but he then put on a light smile and grabbed her hands as he looked at her. " I'm fine... It's you that needs to worry. You got short in the sheet inches away from your heart."
     She looked at him and blushed at his smile but once talking about getting shot at as she looked away and said sadly. " I'm sorry Raph... But I am still happy I got you out of there - wait, my mom! She has to be freaked out to see you-"
    Her mother then came in smiling as she can't to Dani. " You alive I was worried I didn't clean your wound good enough."
    Dani looked confused then to Raph as he stood there while her mother grabbed his arm and said kindly to him as if he was a human. " Raph dear would you make Dani some hot tea it will help her sleep. "
      Raph nods with a smile then looked to Dani for a second then left the room as her mother spoke to Dani.  " he has a very kind heart."
    " mom?" her mother looked to Dani as she continued talking. " don't lose him, Dani. He is a special person I can tell."
     Dani didn't know what she meant but she laid there and something came to her head as she looked at the time. " I'll be late for work!"
     She then was going to get up as Raph came in with the tea but placed it down and went to her. " Are you crazy! You just got shot you cant go anywhere..."
    She looked to him with a serious look as she told him what she had the idea of why they shot her and not Raph. " Raph think about it... They shot me not you... Because they will suspect all the employers that call in... I have no choice..."
     Raph looked at her hurt to say it but looked to her mother. " she is right..."
    Then he looked to Dani and went over on one knee as he placed both hands on her cheeks making her blush again. " Promise you will be okay... Your wound will make you feel a lot of pain. "
    She grabbed his hands in hers. " I will be fine Raph. "
    He nods his head and looked to her mother as she got him up and to leave the room as they left Dani alone to get ready for work. She got up and went to her dresser looking thru clothes as he felt the pain again grabbing her chest in which she was in her sports bra.
     She took a few breathes and got her shirt on and this time placed on a shirt skirt walking then out of her room to see Raph in the kitchen as if cooking. " mom you should rest."
    "I will be alright Dani your friend is here so you can play with your friends from school," she said smiling looking at her as Dani smiled at her mother not seeing Raph looking at them as Dani hugged her mother. " I will be back later on tonight. "
      She then looked to Raph and waved. " Try to relax Raph. "
    He just nods and she walked out of the place while he looked to her mother as she looked to him. " so what kind of board games do you like Ronald? "
    He put on a smile and went over as he said to her. " I like all the board so please pick one for use."
    She went over to look at the boards to play as Raph watched her while also grabbing them some tea. ' Danis mother is ill?'
     Once she got a game he had got tea to the table as she placed the game down seeing what they were going to play. ' candy land '

~ ~ ~
    Dani as right when she was at her desk while she saw the one employer in her department was called in her desk was getting searched. Dani was mostly keeping to her work but her eyes felt tied as she rubbed them when she then saw a shadow as she opened her eyes and looked to see Sake there. " Mr. Sake!"
     He placed a hand on her desk and leaned down with that smile sending more shiver to her beck. " Dani I would like to speak with you in my office... Alone."
     She only nods her head as he then stands up and heads to his office while she looked and then placed her hands on her chest again. ' I got this... Only I few more hours left...'