chapter twenty-two

"Silence"

--

Read the previous chapter

Song: Say My Name by Austin Mahone

(I don't give a shit if you don't like him or his songs, it's my book)

Liz and Luke entered the Kay Jewelry store to pick a ring for Ashton's and his engagement together this morning.

Ashton was with some friends but who knows if Ashton recognize them by the touch.

But that could be a fail.
He wasn't comfortable at all.

So, Liz and Luke had to do it quickly so luke could stay with Ashton for a while today since tomorrow is Ashton's eye surgery.

They arrived inside the Kay Jewelry store

The lady sees them inside giving them a bright smile (see what I did there)

"Hello, welcome to Kay how can we help you today?" Her name tag says 'Lilly'

Luke spoke first "yes! I am looking for engagement rings."

The lady smiles "ahh who's the lucky lady?"

Luke gulps looking at his mum which she was a little shock or worried

"Um, it's a guy actually."

The lady face dropped "oh, I'm sorry, well who's the lucky man?" Trying to gain that smile back to them.

"His name is Ashton, I've been dating him for three years now and I think it's time." Says Luke

Lilly took them to the engagement rings available. Luke look through them carefully and see what Ashton would like. He remembered that Ashton wanted a big diamond on the ring because that would make himself feel more special and that's what Luke was going to get for him.

"Do you like any that you see it like or what he will like?" Lilly asks seen Luke pick one already

"This one" with a smile appearing on his face. It was a ring with small diamonds around it and a big one twice the size as a original ring. It looked more as a lady's ring but surely he treated his love one as a princess.

This ring was the original one as display so Luke had to wait for a copy of it exactly "you'll have to wait to own one exactly like this one." Lilly says giving Luke a sad look, but then changed the expression of his face "how much for this one, I'm sure this one is the real one since it's the original one"

She sighs looking at it. "Five hundred eighty-four pounds."

Luke closes his eyes and that's about that much he earned in the concert for the treatment for Ashton. Liz looks at Luke about to break into tears. He couldn't waste the money for just for an expensive ring, but he wanted to give Ashton that. Not just a simple ring, but a ring Ashton will never forget and know that it was given from him. To remember and cherish this moment together.

"I can't take it but thanks for helping me out" says Luke walking away from Lilly and Liz follows behind her son.

"Have a nice day you two" says Lilly. She felt a little bad for Luke. She knows how much Luke wanted that ring.

-

Luke arrives to the hospital seen Ashton for a bit.

He smiles "hey babe" walking towards him giving him a kiss as Calum was feeding him.

"Luke!" Says Ashton smiling, and Calum gives him a smile as well "can we talk after we visit Ashton for a while?" Luke couldn't resist either but nods he needed a friend right now and Calum was the only one, thankfully Michael wasn't around. Luke sighs and sits on the chair that was next to the bed, he was brushing Ashton's hair softly making Ashton fall for it making him sleepy

Calum was feeding him oatmeal with spices cinnamon on it. Ashton hardly eats but he had gain some pounds, back then he was 89 lb, but now he weights 107 lb. Luke was really happy that the nurses was helping Ashton gain some pounds because he could've dropped to 85 lb at age 18.

After hours visiting Ashton, Luke and Calum stepped out to the hallway and have a talk. Calum apologize for the late call out of his relationship with Michael. Luke sighs and accept them (finally) and also apologize how bad he became between them and ask to be friends again and of course Calum agreed. Luke also told the whole engagement ring and Calum was in awes and agreed to help Luke get that ring for him to surprise Ashton.

Luke gave Calum a big hug, Liz saw the boys untie once again which made her happy to see the boys be friends again.

Luke and Calum says their goodbye kisses on the cheek or forehead to Ashton but Ashton didn't wanted his love partner to leave anytime soon. Luke promised Ashton he'll be here for tomorrow's eyes surgery which Luke is scared and worried what would happen tomorrow but Luke got his supporters ready tomorrow to support both of them.

Luke couldn't be happy enough to have a supportive team.

-

The next day rolls, it was time.

--
(A/N): here's another update!

I've made a account on Twitter for this book. Follow @SilenceTheBooks for my updates since I don't really update here about news or anything else.

I be quoting my personal quotes as if I'm Luke or Ashton.

Only if you want to!

There will be more books of silence! It's more like a series. (No I'm not trying to copy 'After' because I don't like the book. I hate how it ends. I took a sneak of the last chapter of the third book.)

So remember!

Vote. Share. Comment. READ! (:

I love you all

- Johnny x