Chapter Sixteen ~Jewel~

After we left the boys' room, we started to play with our puppies. Kobalt and Rosie kept licking our faces. After a while of playing, we went to bed. I was sad, knowing it was our last night. I heard Katy sigh deeply. She was in her bed across the room. Bottom bunk. I was in my fire bed. Bottom bunk, also.

I was in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt with Kobalt lying beside me, snoring softly. I stroked him as K called my name.

"J?" K asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"We leave tomorrow. When we camp, we should sneak away to come to the ball."

"Sounds like a plan," I said, a sly smile stretching across my face.

"Mornight J."

It must've been around twelve.

"Mornight," I replied. It was something we had come up with together. The smile slowly slid off of my face. I was going to miss this place.

Beside me, Kobalt stretched and grunted. I smiled at him and pet his stretched out stomach until he curled back into a ball. I kept petting him until I felt his tail hitting my stomach and he licked my hand.

"Kobalt!" I whispered quietly, laughing to myself. His tail kept wagging and he playfully chewed on my finger. He needed a bone or a toy of some sort. I stood up and he let go of my hand.

He followed me over to his box he arrived in that was in the bathroom at the moment, and I opened the lid. Inside was a stuffed platypus. I took it out and held it out for Kobalt to take. His small tail wagged and he chomped down on it. I smiled at him, closed the lid on the box, turned off the light, shut the door, picked him up, and layed him on the bed beside me.

I fell asleep to him snoring quietly with the platypus in his paws.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to Kobalt licking my face. I could hear Katy laughing. I held Kobalt up in the air, and placed him next to me on the bed where he immediately started licking my face again. I heard Katy fall to the ground laughing.

"Kobalt!" I said laughing. He barked and continued to lick my face.

Finally Katy pulled him off of me. But I was just licked to death again. I heard Katy keep laughing. I pulled Rosie off of me and held her next to me as she struggled to lick my face. I wiped my face with my shirt and Katy and I traded dogs.

"Spill," I said as K put Rosie in the bathroom, shutting the door. I heard Rosie whining and I set Kobalt in there too. I could hear them play-fighting through the door.

"Spill what?" she snickered.

"What did you put on my face?" I asked, searching through my big dresser for a new shirt.

"Nothing," she snickered again. I glared at her and she started laughing uncontrollably, falling to the ground.

I wasn't going to read her mind. No, I was going to have some fun. I slipped the new shirt on and walked over to the laughing Katy on the ground. I smiled evilly.

"Oh, no," she said, the smile on her face going away.

"Oh, yes," I said. I reached down and we wrestled, our arms covered in fire and water.

I finally got the advantage and pinned her hair to the ground.

"Tell me!" I said.

She gave me the puppy dog face and I rolled my eyes. "Fine," she said. "It's bacon grease."

"Of all the things you could have used, you chose bacon grease?" I said. Trust me, she's done worse. The old whipped cream trick was the most popular choice of hers.

She was a weirdo when it came to waking people up.

She nodded and I stood up, our arms now clean. A knock came on our door.

"Come in!" we called at the same time. We glared at each other and I tackled her.

"Why is it that every time I come into a room with you two alone, you're always tackling each other?" I heard Jordan say.

We stopped and stood up. Logan wasn't with him. Probably asleep. This was going to be fun.

"Are you okay?" Jordan asked me.

"Logan's asleep right?" I asked. He nodded and I rushed out into the hallway. I face palmed myself and ran back in, picking up Kobalt and letting Rosie run around our bedroom.

I shut the door and heard K say, "C'mere Rosie!"

I smiled as I walked into the boys' room quietly.

"Say hello to my little friend," I whispered in a weird accent, letting Kobalt run around on Logan who was fast asleep.

Kobalt started licking his face and I saw Logan start waking up. I laughed and sat down next to his bed, studying my fingernails like they do in the movies when they wait for someone to realize something.

"Kobalt!" I heard Logan exclaim. I snickered.

"How'd you get in here?! What the-?"

"BOO!" I exclaimed, standing up.

He screamed and Kobalt barked at me. I pet Kobalt while laughing.

"That's not very nice!" he said.

"Well maybe I'm not a nice person," I said.

"Obviously."

I laughed and picked up Kobalt. A frown appeared on my face and I walked towards the door.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I have to go pack," I said.

"Oh. Well I could help...?"

  I shrugged. "Sure. Why not?" 

  We started walking and we got close to mine and Katy's room. I heard them talking and listened for a moment, continuing to walk. I heard Jordan say: "You have something in your eye, Kit-kat." I opened the door and walked into our room and saw Katy and Jordan standing so close to each other their lips were basically touching. I abruptly stopped walking and felt Logan walk into me. I fell face-first into the room, still shocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~

RLM MADE ME CUT IT! Okay, now that that's over, lol. This is a major cliffhanger! :D BUT IT'S AWESOME! Hope you enjoy! ~LEG~