Chapter Eighteen ~Jewel~

As I whipped around, I saw Skye and a little girl about ten years old-Alex's age-beside her. Who was she? And why was Skye out here?

"Hello, Katy and Jewel. Could you possibly take Alexandra up to the palace?" Skye asked. Katy looked over at me and I shrugged. Why not? Although I was a bit skeptical, I saw how Skye had been treated by Vladmir.

"Sure," K replied. The little girl smiled as well as Skye.

"I'll see you around girls!" Skye said, and with that, she ran off.

"But where are you going?!" I called. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Alexandra looking up at me with curious eyes. I was only three years older than her, yet it seemed like I was a million times smarter.

I sighed and turned back around as thunder roared over head.

"We need to get to the palace. Soon," I said, looking up.

"Yeah. Let's get a move on it," K said, taking Alexandra's hand. Rosie and Kobalt growled and Alexandra cowered into Katy's side.

"No, Kobalt! Bad!" I repremended him. He growled another time and began to walk forward.

Alexandra slowly released her death grip on Katy and we began our long walk to the palace. It seemed to take longer than when we were traveling away from it. K and I had to keep turning around and retracing our steps. About two hours later, I plopped onto a log that had fallen over and sighed, rubbing my pant leg.

"Hey Alexandra, can we call you Lex?" K asked Alexandra. Alexandra nodded and sat down next to me.

"So Lex, do you have a power?" I asked. She shrugged. For the first time, I noticed a purple crystal necklace around her neck.

"ICE!" K yelled. I glared at her.

"I was gonna tell her," I said. I saw Katy roll her eyes and begin to walk forward and I roll my eyes. I wanted to sleep here, but to get to the ball, we were gonna have to speed it up.

"My back hurts," Lex whispered to me. I nodded, agreeing with her. Mine hurt too. Stupid forest.

**********

I can see the palace in view now. Lights are on all downstairs near the kitchen. They must be getting ready for the ball.

K and I walked through the entrance and snuck up to our room. The door squeaked as I opened it and I winced. The room looked exactly the same as I had left it. My bottom bunk a bit messy and my dress in a box on the top bunk. I smiled and realized that this was my true home. I actually belonged here.

Katy began walking out of the room and I read her mind.

*Just going to check to see if anyone followed us.*

Alexandra moved to follow her out and I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Lex, stay here for a little bit," I said as K walked out the door.

I climbed up the net on the right side of my bed and climbed on top of the monkey bars to the balcony, looking out the window. K looked towards the forest and then up into the sky. There was a raven hovering around. As it flew over the castle and out of sight there was something wierd about that bird it seemed.

The texture of its feathers seemed almost velvet-like.