Chapter Six ~Katy~

I sat there thinking about my family. I really missed my sister. I wanted to see her again. I can't believe that a witch by the name of Josephina came in here. She was the same person I saw  talking with my sister! I could see that she was about to come in and I readied myself.

"Jessie?" I asked.

"Yes?" 

"Do you have a sister?"  

"Yes. She is a witch at the palace. Typical of her. She left me to the hunters so she could save herself," she made a disgusted face. "She's only older by a year," said Jessie. She started to cry.

"Don't cry please," I begged. She sniffled and stopped crying.

"Did you hear that sound?" she asked, looking more alert now.

"N-yes," I said.

  I saw her look out the window.

"I don't believe it, a girl is hiding in the bushes!" she said. I looked up and out the window, standing on the cot. I saw her too. It was Jewel!

"Crap, I hope she doesn't get caught," I said.

"Hold on. I have a plan. I'll tell that guard that you need some air and walk you to the bushes. You must stay close to me though," she said. She was helping me escape!

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome," she said.

  She stole the key ring from another guard as he walked by and unlocked my cage. She took me through a hall and into a circular room. She opened a door as we walked down another long hallway. The door opened automatically. Oh, wait. A guard.

"Why is she out?" the guard questioned. Jessie held her head high.

"To get some fresh air. We won't go far. And if she tries to run, I will shoot her down and hang her myself," Jessie said. I shivered. Was she really that mean?

"And if you don't - we kill you."

  She nodded and we walked to the bushes. I pretended to bend down and look for a rock near where my sister was.

"Psst," I said. J looked up.

"Jessie? Could you take me out a little further in the woods?" I asked.

"Yes," answered Jessie.

  We walked a little further in the woods.

"Let me come with you to the palace, please," said Jessie.

"Okay," I said, shrugging. She did help me escape.

"I don't want to go back there though," said J.

"What do you mean?" asked Jessie.

"There is a witch there by the name of Josephina. She got on my bad side," said J.

"I can't-wait  I can believe that my sister would do that," said Jessie.

"What?! She's your sister?" asked J.

"Yes. I'm glad I got wind power and didn't get to be a witch," Jessie said.

"Come on, let's go to the palace," I said.

  We walked through the forest and J led us to the palace and I looked up. It was beautiful! We walked in and a teenage girl that reminded me of Jessie appeared in the doorway.

"You!" she shouted at Jessie.

"What about me?" Jessie asked.

"You should be dead," spat the girl.

"Whoa, Jo. You're getting ahead of yourself. I should be here. I'm glad I've met Katy here or I would never have known what happened to you," Jessie said. 

  She must be Josephina.

'I'll take you people to see the Queen," said Josephina, sourly.

  We walked into the throne room. It was amazing.

"Hello there Katy, Jessie, and Jewel," said the Queen. How did she know our names? "I am Queen Hera Elizabeth."

"Hello, Queen," I said along with Jessie and J.

"I shall grant you all your full powers," said the Queen. She gave her hand an upward thrust and I felt more powerful.

"Thank you, Your Highness," We all said.

"You're welcome. Now please stay with us for the night," said Hera Elizabeth.

  We went up five flights of stairs and into this big room. I found a random cloth in a drawer for my sister because her wound started bleeding. I formed a water ball and set it on the cloth. I proceeded to wrap it around my sister's wrist.

"Wait! I didn't give you your necklace back yet," said J.

"Oh. Thanks," I said, taking it and latching it around my neck.

"Welcome," said J.

We went to bed and I had the worst nightmare yet.