Chapter Nine ~Jewel~

It was Sue! Wait... it had to be the THOTBT were here or Sue wouldn't be here. I read her mind and she sent me what she was thinking: *It's them.*

"Katy, we got to go!" I said, rushing to climb the net to the top of my bed.

"Why?" she asked, watching my every move.

"The-you-know-who's!"

"Voldemort?"

"Not You-now-who. The you-know-who's." I slipped out of my dress.

"I'm confused."

"THOTBT!" I exclaimed.

"Okay... what about them?"

"They're coming to the palace!" I said, pulling on my woods outfit.

"Merde."

"Stop your French," I said, glaring at her while I pulled my hair into two braids.

"How do I do that?"

    I groaned. "Just... shut up! Please."

"Fine," she said, finally getting ready.

    I grabbed my knife and put in my holder thing, shoved my leather boots on, used the monkey bars to climb on top of K's bed, sliding down the mesh, and coming to a stop next to her.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said, out of breath.

    We followed Sue down to the bottom of the palace into the battle room. I admired all the weapons and grabbed a bow and a sheath of arrows. K and I were put in charge of the front wall at the top of the palace. We rushed up the ten flights of stairs and got into position next to the other knights/people.

An arrow went right by K's head and I gasped. She was also in shock. That arrow could have hit her. She could've died. The battle started and we started shooting.

"J!" K shouted. "Go get a spell book so that we can make a barrier between the palace and THOTBT!"

   I shot another arrow towards them and rushed down the flights of stairs into the library. The door was locked but Josephina ran down the hall at that time.

"Josephina! I need a spell," I said.

"Here's a key," she said, tossing me one as she raced to her room for something.

    I shoved the key in the lock and shoved the doors open. Rushing down every isle, I finally found the spell book that I was looking for. Shields.

    I rushed back up the five flights of stairs, handing the book to K. We found the perfect spell. K said the words and told me that it needed fire too. I repeated the spell. We both ran down to the main battle on the ground in front of the palace.

    K said oppugnare again and the fighting started to ease out. Both sides had heavy losses. The battle started moving back to the THOTBT's castle. Someone went over to K and stabbed her in her leg as I fought against someone else. I stabbed the person I was fighting and stabbed the guy who had stabbed my sister. I noticed K had blacked out.

    I had a flashback. I was on the ground in the woods. K was being held back as they cut my wrist and I was left to die.

    I came back to Earth from my flashback and lay down next to her. The THOTBT were winning and our people were being pushed back. The leader came over to Katy and I and ordered knights to take us into the dungeon. They pulled me up roughly and one carried away K.

"K!" I screamed.

    They slapped me across the face but I was too tired and sad to care. They just pulled me along roughly until I fell to the ground and they just carried me. They put me down on a hard cot in a dungeon cell and shut the door harshly. They put K in one across from mine but I just cried to sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I sat on the cot, fiddling with my hair.

"J!" I looked up. K was awake.

"K!" I said, a smile lighting up my face. She looked down at her leg and I read her mind. *The bleeding stopped... that's good I guess...*

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"We need to get out of here, and fast," she said.

"No, duh," I said.

"Shh."

"Don't shush me!"

"No, I think I hear something."