♠️13♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️

"How did you know where he worked?" I asked Alisa as I looked up at the gigantic building in front of me. This morning, Alisa barged into my room and told me she found my real father. She dragged me across town and now I'm standing in front of one of the tallest buildings in the town.

"Your real father is a very rich guy, owns dozens of businesses throughout the country." She told me with a smirk. "He's quite good looking, I can see where you got most of your good looks."

"Alisa!" I playfully pushed her. She laughed at my weak attempt of a push and applied all her weight on me, she pushed me through the doors of the building and directly to the front desk. There was a young lady at the desk, short black hair, tall, skinny, dark complexion, brown eyes, she wore a black pencil skirt and a white blouse. She greeted us with a friendly smile and sat up in her chair.

"How can I help you girls?" She asked with a pleasant tone.

"Hi." I said to her nervously. "I'm here to meet Mr. Johnathon Nexlin." I told her. She rolled her chair towards the computer and quickly searched within it.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked, I fiddled with my fingers nervously.

"No." I answered timidly. She sighed.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Johnathon has a very busy schedule." She told me with a sympathetic tone. "But, there is something I can do."

She quickly turned her attention to the computer and typed away. Seconds later, the phone rang and she quickly answered it with a mischievous smile.

"Yes Mrs. Hemridge, I'm sure he'll understand. Yep, see you next Tuesday." She hung up the phone with a smile and looked at me with a winning smirk.

"Mr. Johnathon will see you in five minutes." She informed me with a confident smile. "By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Joslynn Couture," I told her with a friendly smile. "and you?"

"Lisa." She returned the smile. She raised her hand in a gesturing manner telling me to sit, I nodded my head at her and me and Alisa seated ourselves.

"Nervous?" Alisa asked as we sat. I let out a short, nervous laugh and looked at her.

"Well obviously!" I told her with a soft tone, I watched the floor. "What am I gonna say to him? Do I just barge in and say, 'Hey! I'm your biological daughter, my mother lied!', it's stupid."

"It sounds stupid with your sarcasm, but you need to try. I'm sure he'll be super happy to see you." She clapped her hands together and quietly cheered.

"Remind me to never take you into a library," I told her, she frowned. "you'll get us kicked out."

"That's mean!" She poked her tongue out, I laughed.

"Girls!" Lisa called. We got up from our seats and approached the desk. "Mr. Johnathon is on the 25th floor, his secretary will let you in."

"Thank you." She smiled at me and we got into the elevator. Alisa pressed the button to the 25th floor, and we stood patiently in the elevator awaiting a new encounter. The elevator stopped, and its doors opened, it revealed a huge working area. We stepped out of the elevator and proceeded to the large office shaped room at the back of the entire working area. There, in front of black double doors and in a medium sized desk, sat a lady in her mid thirties, medium length black hair, tall, slim, and wore black rimmed glasses. She looked up from her paperwork and greeted us with a not-so-friendly smile.

"How can I help you girls?" She asked with a fake smile.

"I'm here to see Mr. Johnathon Nexlin, Lisa said we could see him." She sighed with annoyance, she picked up the phone next to her and dialed a number, she placed the phone to her ear and held up her pointer finger, telling us to wait.

"Lisa," She answered. "did you tell two girls they could see Mr. Johnathon?" She waited a while for an answer.

"I see," The lady's lips made a flat line. "okay then." She hung up the phone and neatened her papers. She then looked at us.

"You may go in, just knock first." She told us and continued with her work. I glanced at Alisa, I can tell from her eyes, she was resisting the temptation from strangling the lady. I held her hand which snapped her out of her violent thoughts.

I approached the door with shaky hands, I lifted my fist to knock, but hesitated. I let out a nervous breath and I closed my eyes for a few seconds. I then continued to guide my fist to the door, I knocked two times before I heard a demanding and loud voice telling me to enter. I looked at Alisa worriedly and I held her hand, I opened the door slowly and stepped into the room, Alisa behind me. At the desk, a fair skinned man, with eyes like mine, face sharing similar features, and his hair, his crazy brown hair, reminded me of me. I smiled and stepped in front of his desk. On his desk, pictures of the my twin siblings, and a picture of his wife. In one of the pictures, it seemed like he had a younger son, close to the age of four, he was absolutely adorable.

"Can I help you?" He asked, I hadn't realized I was smiling.

"Um...yes!" I smiled even brighter. "You're Johnathon Nexlin, right?"

"Well, it says so on this name plate, so I'm assuming I am." He said, his voice held a bit of humor.

I can see where I got my humor from.
Well, not really.

"I'm sorry," I laughed and placed a hand on my head. "it's just I-I am...I'm sorry! It's kinda difficult to explain." He leaned against his desk, his hands together showing his dominance.

"Okay, I can see you're nervous." He laughed. His laugh made me feel welcomed. "Let's just start with your name." I smiled again.

"My name is Joslynn Couture." His smile faded, and his face was overtook with confusion, worry and disbelief. He stood from his desk, and came to me.

"Joslynn?" He asked, a bit of joy in his voice. "What are you doing here? You've grown!" He hugged me. I was a little surprised at first, but then I gave into the hug.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Hope you enjoyed that chapter!
Don't forget to vote and comment all your craziness/thoughts/opinions.

Bye! Love Ya Weirdos!!!💜