Chapter 5: Would You be My Bride?

Han Minhyun, talked to Hyerin about his conversation with Taehyung and the crown prince. He described the crown prince's reaction regarding her letter. The crown prince didn't seem to be mad about her being rude to him, he was amused. The crown prince want to meet Hyerin at the Lantern Festival, cause he need to give her something.
*

The weather was just nice, the night at the town are glamorous with colourful lanterns with wishes. Hyerin walked gracefully into the crowds with a purple silk hanbok, her hair was braided and decorated by dazzling hair pins. While she was enchanted by the beautiful night, someone grabbed her.

"Stop! Stop ! What are you doing?" she tried to let go of her hand from the grip, but failed.

" I told you to stop! How dare a boy grab a maiden hand! Wait, until I told my household about this"

The boy stopped from running. He lift his head. It's the crown prince.

" Han Hyerin, it's me."

"Seja Choeha! why you brought me here ?"

" To write wishes of course. Here take this lantern. It's yellow, my favourite colour." he smiled towards Hyerin. Hyerin's heart raced from that sweet smile.

" Cheoha, I made some taffy. Would you like to taste some?"

He took the taffy.

" Delicious, very delicious but I never taste something like this, it's not too sweet and just nice. I hope you could bring some more."

He finished the whole box of taffy.
Hyerin then took the lantern and started writing.

'May both of you rest in peace, I will always remember your words. Be brave, have courage and be kind' .She wrote on the lantern to her parents. Her tears drop, she hurriedly shed her tear, worried the crown prince might see it.

" Who are you writing for?"

" Someone who I deeply love and grateful to, they both passed away. What do you wish for , Seja choeha?"

"Look!" he pointed to the lantern at the sky.

'Dear Mom, Queen Insoo. May you rest in peace. May this girl beside me will be the Seja bin ( crown prince's bride).'

" Soon they will be election of the crown prince's bride. Han Hyerin, would you be my bride".

They looked at each other.

"Hush, follow me quietly. Do not look back" he grab Hyerin's hand once again.

They both rode the crown prince's horse. They sat so closely to each other ,Hyerin could hear the crown prince's breath on her ears. She didn't know what to do, she just did what she had been told. She didn't know where they are going. Her head can't even think. She had been witched by his words earlier.

They both stopped at a dark forest.

"Cheoha, what happened? Why are we here?"

"Hush". He put his fingers on Hyerin's lips.

"We are being followed".

"Here you are,  Seja Choeha" A man in black drawn his sword at near the crown prince's neck. Another man drawn his sword towards Hyerin's neck too.

"Haneul!" He shouted.

Haneul came as fast as lightning drawn his sword and fight with the two men. The crown prince pick up another sword brought by Haneul. The crown prince joined the fight and save Hyerin. The two men had been defeated.

"Who send you?" The crown prince asked            angrily.

" The Ming's Emperor." One of them answered.

"What? Why would the Emperor want to kill me?"

" He is not trying to kill you but threaten you and your father. Joseon should know their place. The King had increased the number of army in the border. Also you had decreased the amount of Goryeo Jinseng given to the Emperor."

" We are not doing it intentionally, the crops are not doing so well this year. About the army I didn't know anything about it."

"I don't care, it's between Joseon and Ming. I am just doing my job so let me go".

"Haneul, let him go".

"But Cheoha, he tried to harm you."

"It's okay, we got the information we need".

"Hyerin, are  you alright?"

"I'm okay, don't worry". To be honest, Hyerin was scared to death, she does not want him to worry. It's not his fault.