Chapter 10: Unexpected quest

The records were floating on the sky before it was smashed infront of the ministers in the throne hall. He cannot hide his anger anymore. The southern faction had gone way to far. They bought substandard armors from illegal suppliers in cheap price but claimed a very high price from the millitary funds. The rest of the money went into their pockets.

"What is this, Jeona?" One of the ministers asked.

"How dare you asked that questioned when you know the answers? The millitary fund had been stealed by those who are irresponsible and broke my trust. From now on, all new weapons and armors need to be shown to me and I will decide myself whether to buy them or not! If this matter happen again I will take further action. Enough is enough with your previous cases." He left the hall.

The south faction always cause trouble and corruption to the country but Lee Hwon as king cannot dismiss them from their position because they had supporters that are very influenced in Japan. Joseon's peace with Japan was very crucial.

They even forced the inner court to take Jang Ok Jung or known as Jang Hee bin as the Royal Noble Consort ranked 1. But now the existence of Hyerin in the inner court which her family was very influenced with the Ming's, helped supports the king and strengthen the North faction.

The king walked towards Hyerin's chamber in broad day light.

"Jeona, what brings you here?" Hyerin was suprised, she knew her husband was the most busy person in Joseon, she did not expect him to see her.

"I just want to have lunch with you, seeing you released my tension" he smiled.

"Jeona, stop being so cheesy." Hyerin blushed.

"Hyerin came to my chamber on 10pm quietly, I had something to tell you. It's a  secret." He whispered.

"I will, Jeona". She answered in a curious tone.

___________

After the king left her chambers, Jang Hee bin walked in.

"Did you just have lunch with his majesty?"

"Yes Hee bin mama, but what brought you here?"

"Sukwon, I think we should be friends because I don't have any friends here."

"I would be honored Hee bin mama". She bowed.

Hee bin saw piles of books on her Hyerin's table. Hyerin saw her gaze at the books.

"I was just studying the inner court and royal customs since I'm still lacking ". Hyerin said worriedly.

"But why I saw 'The Doctrine' in here?"

"I read it just for fun, learning about the world."

"Interesting, for a woman". She smiled.

" Sukwon let's go to the garden, the flowers had bloom".

__________________

This is what Lee Hwon wears as the king

This is what Lee Hwon wears as the king. Just imagine Jungkook in this robes, it will be "wanjeon moshiseo".