Chapter 7: The King's Concubine

The crown prince had ascend the throne. He had married and received a royal concubine. Although he's heart only for Hyerin, he need to follow the royal customs, for the country.

5 years later..

The king patrolling the city in disguised with his queen. He felt sorry for the queen, who always got trapped in the palace, so he brings her along.

"Junjeon (queen), could you please wait here. I need to go to that bookstore. You can take a look at the hair pins".

" I will Jeona (Your majesty)".

Han Hyerin looked around the bookstore, searching for a book called 'Secrets Inside You'. A book that helps one reflect and motivate themselves. Her eyes caught on the end of the shelves, she found it. Her hand reached the book but another hand reached it too. She looked at the owner of the hand's face. It was a man but she somehow recognize that man. She was shocked.

"Seja Choeha! No I mean Jeona!" She called him.

He then looked at her face, it's a face that he had never forgotten.

"Han Hyerin!"

They each faced each other and smile. The queen watched them from far. She never seen such smile, the king's lovely smile towards Hyerin .His eyes could never lies, that he loves her. In her heart, this is the girl she was looking for.

The royal court had been in chaous lately. Everyone worried about the king does not have a heir. It has been 5 years since he got married with the queen but she could not give any child. Hae bin, the royal noble consort, didn't give any help either.  The queen or known as Queen Inhyun decided to take another young noble maiden as the king's new royal concubine. She did not want just anyone become the king's concubine. She want someone who the king deeply  cares about and  could support the king politically. She did this as the Queen and the Mother of the nation.

The Queen had announced to the Chief Court Lady who serves her, to bring Han Hyerin. She need to talk to her.

Han Hyerin walked mannerly into the Queen's chamber. She did not have any idea, why the queen want to meet her.

"Junjeon Mama, I'm Han Hyerin greets you" she bowed her head.

" Come here, have a sit".
Hyerin sat on the cushion infront of the queen.

" Junjeon Mama, I'm sorry but why did you summoned me?"

" Beautiful, indeed. How old are you".

" Thank you, I'm 18 years old".

" Perfect age, Han Hyerin would you like to be the King's concubine?"

Hyerin was startled, she never met someone who willingly offered another girl to be her husband's concubine.

"Your grace is remarkable Mama but may  I know why you choosed me?"

" You are the one who the King had given his heart to, not me".

The queen could read her mind, Hyerin didn't know how to response and how she knows about it.

"I know from his eyes looking at you, at the bookstore".

"Mama, I didn't mean to offend you but it seems to be some misunderstanding".

" I am not, a person's eyes never lied even yours, I know how you felt. Hyerin, you are perfect for him, the king now need love and protection. He  need someone who he loves and support from your family. I know I'm being selfish but if it's for the king and the country, I can do anything. Please Hyerin help him. I would wait for your decision and tell Jeona about this."

" Yes, I will humbly accept your offer Mama. I have left him for five years and it's time for me to come back to him".

"Thank you".

"No, Junjeon Mama , it's me who should be grateful".

__________

*Jeona = your majesty
  Mama = your highness

》This is how Hyerin might looked like when she met the king

》This is how Hyerin might looked like when she met the king. Pretty isn't she.

》The king might disguised in clothes like this

》This is Queen Inhyun cast.