Chapter 23: Mansae

"Junjeon Mama, Mansae (live long)!"  The ministers and royal officers congratulate Hyerin.

After a year of the rebellion and the death of the late Queen Inhyun and Royal Noble Consort Jang Ok Jung, Hyerin appointment and ceremony as queen had been made. Her appointment as queen was late because the king had so many things to settle. He needs to appoint new ministers and officials in the court. And he made some law changes so that no one can manipulate the country's sources.

In the bottom of her heart, she do not know how and what to feel. Rather than being happy, she still could felt the lost. Especially the late queen who had been treating her like her own sister and mother.

"Junjeon Mama, I will protect and be the pillar of the king and the country in the power I have now. As the mother of this country I promise will follow your steps as the great and most gracious Queen in the history." She promised in her heart.

~~~~~~

The new royal court are now hussing and buzzling about the princess. They insisted on casting out the princess because she was the grand daughter of a traitor. Even the king had said himself that the princess is his daughter. So she had ther right to stay in the palace. The king had lost his words, he do not have any idea how to shut those mouth who kept complaining.

The king had request help from Han Minhyun and Kim Taehyung to influence the others but it still did not work. To help the king Hyerin came out with an idea. She summoned the crown prince Lee Sun and the princess Lee Yeon Woo.

" Yeon Woo, listen what I am going to say  carefully. You are now no longer Lee Yeon Woo from the Jang clan but you are now Lee Yeon Woo from the Han clan.  I will adopt you as my daughter from now on. "

" Yes Junjeon Mama" the little Yeon Woo answered shyly.

" Call me Omma Mama. Remember Yeon Woo you are no longer the daughter of Jang Suu'i  but mine. But never forget her, she is still your mother in your heart. From now on tell everyone that you are my daughter. Seja (crown prince), now Yeon Woo will be your older sister. Make sure you call her 'Noo'ie'"

~~~~~~~~~~~

At the royal hall, Hyerin had summoned all afficers and minister to announce this news.

" My name is Lee Yeon Woo from the Han clan and I am the princess of this Country!" The little yeon woo said with her little cute voice.

The whole court  are shocked.

"Junjeon Mama what do you mean? Han Clan?"

" From now on Lee Yeon Woo Gungju(princess) will no longer be Lee Yeon Woo from the Jang Clan and the daughter of the late Jang Suu'i. She will be Lee Yeon Woo from the Han clan and the daughter of this country Queen, Han Hyerin. So who ever have problems with her will need to face me. It includes the  one who wanted to cast her out of the palace! She will be living out of the palace when she had reached her age and get married."

" But Junjeon Mama, she is...."

" No more excuses, you should respect her as you respect me! And it includes all of the royal family. I won't stand still if this happened again".

Hyerin and Yeon Woo left the court.

" Yeon Woo if you have any other problem just tell me".

"Yes Omma Mama."