Chapter 4: Unforgettable

Han Minhyun, a man who lacks nothing. Looks, intellect, manner, integrity and nobility. A man who would leave a great impression to others. The whole city of Hanyang envied him. Hence, the fun fact is, he is the crown prince’s best friend and learning partner, together with Taehyung.

To Hyerin, Minhyun was her life savior. He was the one who kept her motivated and forget about her past nightmare. He teaches her everything she needed to know, reading Chinese characters, etiquette and Hyerin’s childhood.

Every night they would discussed about books they read together. Hyerin’s new family believed that she lost her memories when she hurt her head.

In a cold spring night,the crown prince was staring at the reflection of the bright full moon reflection on the pond.

  “My lady, you are as beautiful as the moon” he whispered in his heart.

Since the incident, he was charmed by Hyerin, he could not stop thinking about her.
*

“Min could you buy some high quality paper from the market and a couple of flowers?”

“of course, agashi. But what are you going to do with it?”

“I need to write a letter an apology letter.”

“To who?”

“The crown prince.”

“Agashi, what have you done? What if you go to the prison? That’s why I told you, you don’t need to go to the palace. Aigoo, my Agashi, What should we do now?” Min panicked.

“Min calm down, relax, take a deep breath. It just that I was a bit rude to him earlier, I didn’t know it was him though”. It’s okay don’t worry, I’m sure we will be alright”.

“You should be careful, Agashi.”

Hyerin laughed out loud, it was hillarious to see her reaction. She was kind of cute too. Hyerin love Min more like a little sister than a servant. She always brought her laughter and happiness in the house.

*
Han Minhyun walked mannerly in the crown prince’s room. He then bowed to the crown prince and sat in front of him. He noticed Taehyung was there to.

“What brings you here, Minhyun? I thought you had left after the class earlier. Here take a cup of tea”.

“Thank you, cheoha (your highness)”.

“Minhyun, stop being so formal. We are friends. Taehyung you too.”

Taehyung startled he almost get chocked by taffy.

“How many times I have to tell you, it makes me uncomfortable”.

“ Yes, choeha. We will try not to be so formal but we are in the palace. We need to mind our words.” Taehyung explained.

“Haneul! Come, sit with us. It’s a royal command!”

Haneul sat quietly but totally uncomfortable from his expression.

Haneul was the crown prince’s personal royal guard. He followed him wherever he goes like a gum. Minhyun, Taehyung and the crown prince always treated him as their friend. He know it was not his place but he felt thankful.

“Seja Choeha, this is a letter from my sister. The girl you met in the garden”.

He received it with a huge smile on his face. The letter, it was pink and decorated by flowers and leaves.
“Beautiful” he said in his head.

‘A man living in the mountains had desired the moonlight. When he saw it floating in the water. So he filled his water bottle. But, once at the temple, he realised that if you tip the bottle and pour out the water, the moonlight dissappears. One cannot keep the moonlight, no matter how much one desires it. So what's the point in holding a grudge over a child's mistake? Please forget about what happened at the garden. I am reflecting my wrongdoings. From your subject, Han Hyerin’.

“I thought she’s smart but she's just a fool. How could I forget about you.” He said loudly.

Minhyun,Taehyung and Haneul were startled by his words. He never said something with a very sweet tone. Especially to a girl.

“ What’s wrong with your expression? I was just so impressed how could a 13 year old girl could write so well in chinese characters but also she expressed her apology by a poem.
Minhyun tell me about your sister. You never tell me anything about her. Her name is Han Hyerin, right?” he didn’t realised he was being so obvious about he’s feelings.

“She is just a normal girl. But she loves reading and cooking. That’s why you saw me giving recipes and books to her from the palace. She is just so passionate about learning. But that started three years ago, when she lost her memories, she have hurt her head. She is like someone new after that. But I’m thankful I had a young sister, where we could discussed everything together. She’s very wise, she always came with the idea that I would never found out by myself.”

“Wow! No wonder she could be so out spoken!” the crown prince didn’t even blink, listening to Minhyun.

“No surprise, she’s Minhyun sister isn’t she. They are very much alike”. Taehyung patted on Minhyun’s shoulder.

_____________

Young Taehyung

Young Taehyung

Jimin as Young Haneul