Chapter 8-backstabbed

Jin and I ended up skipping school for a week straight. He sacrificed his football, his friends, his studies...

..for me.

My mom wasn't even mad I told her I'd stay home for a while. Just wanted the bullying to die down in the mean time. I've just been having so much fun hanging out with Jin. Everyday he would show up at my house to hang out. My mom loved him, like ADORED him. The second time he showed up, she made a whole buffet for us. I was watching my weight so I really didn't eat much.

We were sitting in the dining room when I felt him poke my rib "Hey" he whispered

I turned "what?"

"You look just like your mom" he said eyes glued to my mom's back. She was too busy making cake to notice. I didn't take his compliment seriously. Because it wasn't true. My mom was way more beautiful; inside and out.

She ambushed Jin with questions about school and life.

I thought he would say something like he's living with two rich parents in a huge mansion or some fantasy like that. His reply muted both my mom and I. Come to find out Jin didn't have parents. He lived with his two brothers; one was the eldest and the other was the youngest.

The youngest one was disabled and was homeschooled by the oldest brother.

I had to place down my fork. The way he worded that out seemed like it didn't really effect him. I would die if I didn't have my parents, but the  fact he spoke of them was all calm. Too calm.

"Wow how can your oldest brother afford to take care of you two?" My mom exclaimed taking a seat across from him

Jin shrugged and stuffed his mouth with the steak my mom made for him.

My mom and I both stared at each other. Who would have thought he was going through something like this. No wonder he had such a beautiful soul. He had a disabled brother and another brother taking the lead role as a parent. I wanted to ask him how he lost his parents but I don't think it would be appropriate.

But I did hate the awkward silence.

He soon caught it and looked up "what?"

My mom grabbed his hand and whispered "are you okay? Do you need to talk? I'm a therapist so-

"Mom...Jesus fuck"

"What? It's my job" she said looking at Jin for approval, but he just started chuckling "I'm fine I promise. It's not like we are struggling. I'm just blessed to have such awesome brothers." Then he turned to me and said "you should meet them one day. They are pretty cool"

I blushed. Jin and I made it official the day at the park. He asked me to be his girlfriend, but never had I ever thought I would meet his family this early on. I was getting good news left to right and I was honestly feeling the best I ever felt in a long time.

I was dating the boy of my dreams

And now I'm going to meet his family.

That evening I got back on his motorcycle and he drove me back to his place. I was a bit nervous but with his encouragement I held on to his hand and he led the way inside.

It was a really nice house. Not too big and not too small. What got me was the painting. The whole outside of the house was painted pink.

As if reading my mind, he whispered "it's my brothers favorite color"

My first thought was that maybe his brothers were gay or something.

As he led me inside, a strong smell of roses hit my face. The whole house smelled like there was a garden inside. The smell was addicting. I started analyzing the place. Everything was either pink or black; Pink couches, black flat screen Tv, Pink walls, black fridge. I was astonished at how many pink items I saw. "Wow Jin, it's beautiful" I said letting his hand go to look at more stuff. What caught my eye though was someone coming down the stairs.