Chapter 5: Cato's POV

A/N Hey guys! This chapter is going to be really good! I can't wait for you at read it! Oh BTW sorry it's soo long! Why are you still reading this?! Get to reading the actual story!!!

XOXO -- 13Fire

" Interview day! Interview day! Interview day!" cheered Clove while skipping around my room. It was funny how she could act so bad-ass around others but like a fairy princess around me. 

"Ugh!" I moaned and chucked my pillow at her. 

"Hey! I'll still kill you!" she said getting completely serious all of a sudden. I laughed. 

"Get out, you need to get ready if you wanna look near as beautiful as Katniss" I smirked.

" I'll admit she can fight, and wait--- Ooh! Cato's got a lady crush!" She laughed. I pointed to the door.

"OUT!" I yelled.

"Fine!" Clove quickly ran out of my room and closed the door after herself. Seconds later, my dressing person girl walked in and showed me what I'd be wearing to the Interviews. It was a deep purple colored suit to match Ceaser the announcers hair color this year, and the shirt was a lighter shade of purple. Off we went to the interviews. I so wasn't looking forward to it. Me and my escort decided that if they asked I would tell them that I did in fact have a crush on a girl from a different district named Katniss Everdeen. Somehow I already knew exactly what they were going to ask and one of the questions was going to be about my love life. Me, Clove, and Bernice (I finally found out that that was our escorts name) walked down to the ceremony halls. I spotted Katniss and smiled her, she just looked away and continued to talk to Peeta. 

Well that hurt. I thought, Just go up and talk to her Cato! You need to keep talking to her so that you can pass off the thought that were lovers for your interview!! Besides? What are you afraid of? It's not like shes the only girl ever known to hit you after you kissed her right? Oh, wait, she is.

I braced myself and walked over to Katniss.

"Hey, Kat--" I started.

"Hey Cato! Oh hey Haymitch I need to talk to you!" She yelled towards Haymitch running off in his direction and taking Peeta with her. Really?I thought, watching her talk to Haymitch. After a while of staring I walked back over to Clove. We were next for the interviews and of course I went second. 

"Ooh! Cato just got rejected! Rejected, you just got REJECTED!" she chanted and I gave her a death glare. She quickly stopped.

"CATO! YOUR NEXT" yelled the stage manager. Oh god.

I slowly walked onto the stage keeping my cool but all I could think about was Katniss.

"Cay--Toe!" Yelled Ceaser. It was kind of funny how he pronounced my name. "So Cato, how do you feel about leading into the games this year?"

"Uh, I'm going to try my hardest to win, but when it comes down to it I don't think that I will."

"Oh? And why is that?" He asked.

I took a deep breath, "Because if I win the girl that I'm rooting for loses" I sighed.

"And who is this mystery girl?" He asked. "Give us the De Tails!"

"Her name, is um..." I paused when I turned around to see Katniss watching this live on the flat screen with her arms crossed. 

"Katniss Everdeen but, I don't think it will ever work out!" I said trying to charm the audience.

"Katniss Everdeen! The girl on fire!" He screached 

"Now! What I want to know is how you guys think I should win. And Ceaser how do you do it?" I asked, changing the subject quickly.