Chapter 8

Here is the next chapter, I am sorry for the wait it was a busy day yesterday.  Anyway I will be uploading more very very soon so be on the look out for a couplemore chapters tonight. :)  Enjoy!!! I put a picture of what the dress I envisioned would look like.

“I am really sorry but your babies didn’t survive the impact of the fall” she looked gravely at Harry and I.

“I…I… I don’t understand” I stammered.

“The impact of your fall and the crushing of your ribs caused you to miscarry, you are no longer pregnant.  I am terribly sorry” she said and then left giving us a moment to process the news.

I didn’t know what else to do except reach out to Harry for him to hold me.  I cried into his shoulder for what seemed like the longest time.  Harry got teary eyed too but tried to keep it together for me.

“Why did this happen to us” I asked sobbing.

He looked at me “I don’t know honey” he said before I pulled him close again so I could cry more.

The doctor released me about an hour later and we were on our way back to the hotel where the others were waiting.

We didn’t say one word the entire ride back, not because we were mad at each other but just because we didn’t know what to say.  I felt really empty inside knowing I wasn’t carrying the twins anymore.  I know I complained about how much I hated being pregnant but I mean what pregnant lady doesn’t complain about it at one point or another.

The second we stepped into the hotel our friends surrounded us asking to hear what we found out.

“Well I just broke some ribs but they will be healed in a month” I said with no emotion.  I know I sounded half dead right now, but I couldn’t help it I am so crushed right now.

“Well that’s good news I guess” everyone was saying.

I had a blank expression on my face and I turned to Harry, I couldn’t do this right now I just ran past them all and went to the room.  I didn’t even look back once to see everyone standing there looking confused.  Everyone except for Harry that is, he was the only one that could truly know how I felt right now.

I slammed the door behind me when I got to the room and just locked myself in the bathroom and cried my eyes out.  It wasn’t long before I heard a knock on the door and Harry talking to me on the other side.  I really didn’t want to talk about it but I opened the door for him and he enveloped me in a big hug, rubbing my back to try to calm me down.

Harry’s POV:

I didn’t know what to do right now I was devastated about losing the babies, I felt heartbroken.  Callie was extremely upset and when we got back to the hotel she couldn’t even explain she just ran away up to our room.  Everyone turned to me then looking for an explanation but I couldn’t say anything, I just felt frozen. 

My face fell and I just walked past everyone “Sorry I can’t do this right now” I said and followed after my fiancé.  I was trying not to cry myself, but I knew I couldn’t at least not right now.  I took a deep breath before I opened the door to our room.

I didn’t see Callie anywhere but I heard sobbing coming from the bathroom.  I walked over to the door and tried to open it but it was locked so I knocked on the door so she could let me in.  When the door opened my teary eyed fiancé ran into my arms.  I just gave her the biggest hug that I could and we stood there like that for the longest time, not saying anything.

Finally I had to break the silence “I know this sucks but look on the bright side we get a second chance at doing things the proper way.  You know wedding first then children later.”  I know that no matter what I said most likely wouldn’t help the pain go away but it was worth a shot.