The Meet and Greet: Harry Styles

Authors Note: I really don't know if anyone will read this story but if you do I really hope you enjoy it!  This is my first story I have ever written so I am still learning how to make it better.  If anyone has any suggestions for this story feel free to comment. Please no hate though I appreciate constructive criticism but no hate :) Anyway I hope whoever reads this will enjoy the story this is just a very tiny part of what I have already written.  One last thing I am really sorry if there are any typos.

Callie’s POV:

I knew today was going to be a great day!  I was inches away from the five boys known as One Direction.  I loved their music and everything about them.  All the girls were fan-girling and going crazy, I had butterflies in my stomach and I probably didn’t look very confident but, I was really excited to meet them.  It was now my turn so I stepped up to the table to greet the first boy Liam.  He flashed a big smile and signed my book.  He passed it to the next boy of the band, the one and only Harry Styles.  I loved the entire band but I had a soft spot for Harry.  He was the boy every girl wanted but none were lucky enough to have.  He smiled and gave me a wink before asking “How are you today?  What’s your name love?”  He was staring at me and our eyes met.  This can’t be happening, Harry Styles and I are not having a moment right now I am just an average girl he wouldn’t be interested in a girl like me!  Suddenly I remembered Harry had asked me a question. 

“Hi my names Callie, I am good Harry, how are you?” I said. 

He gave me a cheeky smile and said. “Hello Callie nice to meet you.  I am wonderful because I am looking at you.”  No way, Harry Styles did not just say that to me! Was I dreaming?  I was shocked I couldn’t believe this was really happening but it was.  He winked at me again and handed me a folded up piece of paper.  Then I moved down the line of boys saying hello.  It was completely unreal, I was soon done meeting the boys and drove home. 

When I got home I went up to my room and was sitting on my bed when all of a sudden I remembered the piece of paper so I took it out to look at it. I didn’t think it was anything more than his autograph or a generic fan message, but I was dead wrong.  The letter read “Hey Callie it was nice to meet you today you are a really pretty girl call me ;)” Then it gave his number.  I couldn’t believe this was happening and I didn’t know what to do so I texted my best friend Valerie to see what she thought I should do.

To Val

From Callie

Hey Val call me A.S.A.P. I need to talk to you!!!

It wasn’t long before I got her call.  I told her everything that happened today with the whole Harry thing and she started squealing and the last thing she said was “I will be there in 5 minutes!” Then she hung up.  Sure enough five minutes later she came into my house and ran up to my room and said, “Let me see the note.”  I laughed and handed it over to her.  She read it over and said,  “Well what are you waiting for call him already!!”  I took out my phone but, I was too nervous to do anything so I just stared at it for the longest time. 

He probably wouldn’t remember that he gave me his number anyway or it was some kind of joke and he wasn’t being serious.  While I was busy worrying about all the negative possibilities Val had picked up my phone and dialed the number.  When I realized this I lunged at her to grab my phone and screamed “NO!” But, it was too late she had already pressed the call button.  When it started ringing Val put it on speakerphone.

 It felt like the phone had been ringing forever.  I started to relax and thought well maybe he won’t answer and we can just go on with our lives and forget this ever happened.  But I thought too soon, the next thing I heard was the beautiful voice of Harry on the other end of the phone.  I ran into my bathroom because I thought I was going to be sick.  I splashed cold water on my face and took deep breaths.  Why me I kept thinking to myself.  What did he see in me? I didn’t get it I was just an average 19 year old with blond hair and blue eyes, there was nothing special about me.  He had perfect girls throwing themselves at him every day so why did he want me?  My thoughts were interrupted when a knock came on the bathroom door.  I had totally forgotten about Val, “Hey Callie, Harry wants to talk to you” she said.  I took one more deep breath before I slowly opened the door.