Chapter 14

"I'm gonna say this once."

"How about "nonce"?"

"Shut it down!" Steve yells. I start typing out the cell combinations.

"Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve replies. I see the twins look at me while I'm typing.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce says

"I know you're angry." Wanda says cautiously.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Damn Bruce

"Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve says

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Dad screams out

"You don't know what's in there!" Bruce says

"This isn't a game..."

"The creature...!" I see Pietro coming toward the cradle. I stop typing and send a plasma blast to him. He gets hit and flies back but he goes through half of the cables disconnecting the cradle while doing so. He gets up and speeds over to where Clint is standing below him.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" I smirk at him and do a waving motion. He looks at me confused. Suddenly Clint shoots a bullet below causing the glass Pietro is standing on to smash. He looks at the bullet and then looks at me surprised. He falls through.

"Pietro!" I hear Wanda scream. I flinch at the frequency of her voice and she catches herself looking over at me in concern, but I'm already back typing codes out.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" I hear Clint say.

"Go ahead, piss me off." Bruce says as he grabs Wanda. Just then Thor enters, I don't notice him until it's to late and I'm about to fly through one of the windows until a pair of strong arms catch me.

"Lisa!" I hear my dad scream. Thor pounds the cradle with his hammer, sending a powerful bolt of lightning that brings the body to life. Pietro pushes me behind his back. A red figure comes out of the cradle and goes straight to Thor, the figures stops at the window.

 A red figure comes out of the cradle and goes straight to Thor, the figures stops at the window

"Wait . . . I'm sorry, that was...odd." He turns to Thor. "Thank you."

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asks. I step out behind Pietro's back. He gives me a concern look but I ignore him. I walk over to the figure.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at it's center is that." He points to the gem inside the figure's head.

"The Mind Stone" I whisper out. The figure hears me but nobody else does.

"What, the gem?" Bruce asks

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor explains. The figures then settles onto the ground and looks at me intently. I see dad and everyone else go into a defensive stance. Pietro is getting closer to us.