Chapter 16

"You can't save them all. You'll never. . ." Steve throws one of the bots off the bridge.

"You'll never what? You didn't finish!" Thor lands on the bridge on the top of the woman's car he was saving.

"What, were you napping?" Lisa calls out to Thor helping the family out of the vehicle.

"Thor! You're bothering me." Ultron calls out.

Did a robot really just say Thor was bothering him?

As Barton is fighting off the robots Wanda meets up with him.

"Alright, we're all clear here." Clint states looking around. Wanda hears a whooshing sound and looks up and sees Lisa fight off robots in the sky.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve exclaims

"Alright, coming to you." Just then Pietro speeds in, picks up Wanda and leaves.

"Keep up old man!" Clint holds his arrow to aim it at Pietro.

"Nobody would know. Nobody. The last I saw him, when Ultron was sitting on him. Uh...yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already." Lisa hears this and calls out to Clint he then sees blurs of the buildings until he is standing near Steve and Natasha. Pietro comes up next to them and gives Clint a questionable look.

"Thanks Lisa!" Clint exclaims. Pietro looks up at Lisa and sees her smiling down as she holds the robots against their will.

"Your welcome!" She then winks at Pietro and destroys the robots in one hand motion.

"That was hot." Pietro mumbles out thinking no one can hear him. Lisa lands behind him and smirks.

"I know." Pietro turns around and brings Lisa into a fast kiss. He is about to say something until he hears jet engines.

While Pietro and Lisa where in their own little world

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch 'em, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow." FRIDAY states. Tony looks around and sees Lisa with Steve and them. He lets out a nervous breath.

"The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it..." He trails off.

"It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating."

"Maybe if we cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back."

"That could vaporize the city, and everyone on it." FRIDAY states

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?" Steve asks as Clint shows up out of nowhere.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve states

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." Natasha also trails off.

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve says

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."

"I didn't say we should. There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better."