Just A Teenage Dirtbag- Harry

Harrys pov: “‘Oh, yeah, dirt baaaaag. No, she doesn’t know what she’s missing…”

I stand here, performing in front of thousands of people, singing my heart out on this song with the boys. Its like, every performance is an addictive adrenaline rush.

There she is, standing and cheering with the crowd, singing the song with the audience and swaying her hands in the air like she’s possessed by the spirit of the song. And I don’t know how this thing happened to me.

She’s a close friend and I really wanted performing onstage in this city, knowing that this is where she lives. We used to hang out a lot before but we seldom do it now because of the tour. But every time I spend with her is just perfect to fill the gap of those days that I’m missing her. And she doesn’t even have the slightest idea of what I’m feeling. I myself didn’t even know that until one day, I just woke up and it feels really right to realize that I’m in love with her. Her smiles that make my knees wobble. Her hair that always go on a messy look but still blew me away. Her eyes that could make anyone feel like she’d knew them all of their lives even if they just literally met few minutes ago. And sometimes when I’m with the boys, I kept asking them how in the world does she do those things? And they just shrug and laugh at me, while I’m sincerely being serious. I just really wanted to know.

She’s standing there in the front row and I felt the urge of singing this song while looking at her eyes or better, just call her attention and invite her on stage. But of course I wouldn’t do that, unless I want a really smashing hit in the arm that could make my skin swell. But then, maybe it’s the right thing to do. Maybe I should let her know. But I’m too scared to rock the boat. I’m too scared to lose her, that even if friendship is the only way, I’ll be a friend and that’s it. Watching her from a distance while she dates other man. Dreaming of someday that maybe it would be better if that guy in the restaurant holding a bunch of roses for her would be me. Hoping that maybe one day she’ll be talking about us instead of those dream guys she talks about with me. She’s standing there, cheering for me. I’m here onstage, thinking how words would fit with the feeling I’m having but not even a single letter enter my mind. It’s full of her.

Teenage dirtbag. Yes, that’s what I am in Y/N’s eyes. I may be a superstar for others but I’m still a normal dude, feeling head over heels on a girl that I don’t even know if she would date me for if I’m not her friend. The show finished, and I saw her backstage with Paul. She hugged me and congratulated me, telling me more compliments that make my heart burst of happiness. And I hugged her equally, being the best pal in the world in her eyes. But I felt a sudden snap within me. A sudden courage entered my soul, telling me that I should tell her now. NOW. Not tomorrow or the next day or even later, but now. I’m not good at words and I’m not really ready for this but I should really do it now or I’ll lose either the moment or the courage. I don’t care anymore if I receive the cold treatment or whatever. Of course, I still wonder and worry on how she will react on it but I love her so much that nothing can stop me, even death… or rejection. So I lean closer to Y/N and whispered,

“I think we need to talk. There’s something I’ve always wanted to tell you…”