2. 20 questions

<Destiny>
"I am so sorry, I got carried away with fans and I had to take pictures with them." Shawn said walking in, out of breath slightly and then closed the door behind him.

"Fans?" I questioned. I know he said he was famous and all but even if he was a celebrity, would fans really be around at 3 am?

"Yeah. They're crazy. They've been stood outside the hotel for god knows how long." He chuckled sitting on the bed with me making me shuffle back a bit.

"Oh right. So, Shawn, tell me more about this career of yours." I looked around his room at the pieces of paper and guitars. Was he really a singer?

"Well, I sing. I write songs and people listen to them. Sounds simple."

"Right. So you are actually famous."

"Yeah, I guess you could put it that way. What do you do?" He asked.

"Me? Oh I'm just working in a McDonalds trying to save up money for a house. Nothing big."

"Nothing big? What are you on about? I bet you can eat free all the time!" Shawn grinned.

"If only. Unfortunately though, it doesn't work like that."

"Aw man.... Not to be rude or anything but how did you pay for a room here then?" He frowned then asked.

"Parents. Never in a million years would I be rich and neither are my parents. But, they obviously have more money than me."

"Oh."

"Now, are you gonna give me that keycard or are we gonna stay up until 6 am playing 20 questions."

"Second option would be cool. I'll start." Shawn shifted in his seat turning more towards me. "Ed Sheeran or John Mayer?"

"Who's John Mayer? Ed Sheeran because I've heard of him but I don't think he's ace to be honest." I said getting a wide mouthed, shocked look back in return.

"Do you live under a rock? What have you been doing for the past 25 years of your life?!"

"I've been living normally with my ice cream actually and how old do you think I am? I'm 19." I chuckled as Shawn's face grew a light shade of pink.

"Never mind twenty questions. How about I sing you one of Ed's songs?" He suggested.

"Go on boy. There's nothing you back."

With the hugest smile on his face, he got up, picked up his guitar and sat with his legs crossed in front of me making me giggle. I like this man.

Shawn sat up straight then started slowly strumming his guitar and after a while, his angelic voice filled the place.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a lego house and if things go wrong we can knock it down. My three words have two meanings, there's one thing on my mind, it's all for you. It's dark in a cold December, but I've got ya to keep me warm. And if you're broken I'll mend ya and keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now."

I closed my eyes trying to form somewhat of a picture in my of what the song was about.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of love. I'll pick you up when you're getting down and out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now. I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind. I'll do it all for you in time. And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now. I'm gonna paint you by numbers and color you in. If things go right we can frame it, and put you on a wall."

Being the emotional girl I am, a large smile crept onto my face as a small tear slowly rolled down my cheek.

"And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before and I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours. I'm out of touch, I'm out of love. I'll pick you up when you're getting down. And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now. I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind, I'll do it all for you in time. And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now."

Make that two tears. He was amazing. He carried on singing until he strummed the guitar a little harder and raised his voice making me jump slightly.

"Don't hold me down. I think my braces are breaking and it more than I can take." He chuckled a little but still continued on singing.

After he sung that song, I think it was safe to say that I was in tears.

"Are you crying?" He gently placed his guitar down coming up to me.

"No, who's cutting onions at half three in the morning?" I wiped the tears.

"Awe. I'm not that good yeesh. You should hear Ed sing it himself." Shawn giggled placing a hand on my back.

"Don't touch me, I'm fragile!" I made a pouty/upset sort of face then said, "is there a possibility that you are better than Ed Sheeran because I think yes."

"Good joke but I really don't think so hunny. Maybe one day." I blushed at what he had just called me.

"Shawn I'm nineteen not twelve."

"Hunny? I call everyone that don't worry." He smiled as I looked down. I could feel his gaze on me.

"Anyway, I should go now. I stayed here for way longer than I intended to sooo yeah. Bye Shawn. It was nice while it lasted. Now if you excuse me, I'll take that keycard then leave." I rambled getting up.

"Wait. While it lasted? What do you mean? Are we not gonna talk again?" He frowned. "I thought we were friends."

"Awwww poor Shawn. I guess I'll see you around then. Better?" I asked.

"Yeah haha. Wait. Since I'm a busy dude and won't be here lot of the time, maybe you can come to my show tomorrow? I can give you VIP tickets and backstage access." Shawn said getting up, excited like a little 5 year old who had just walked into a candy shop. He made his way to his drawer and pulled out two badges. One had 'Backstage Access' written on it and the other was just a normal pass to get in.

I thought for a while before answering. I didn't have any plans for tomorrow so why not? "Yeah, sure, why not."

I took the badges from him and he passed me my keycard. I then left with a, "thank you and goodnight!" And he closed the door with a, "no, thank you. Night!"

I crashed back down onto my bed and slowly drifted off.

To be continued...